B777-200LR Support

I seem to be having some trouble with the 777-200LR, Last night as i was reaching my cruise altitude of FL320 everything went smoothly climbing but when i reached my cruise level the aircraft’s pitch would start to fluctuate very aggressively and would not stop. i tried a whole new flight but it also did the same thing. I do use a joystick but i highly doubt that would have any effect on the AP what so ever. any suggestions on how to fix this or is this an ongoing problem i dont know about?

3 Likes

How fast were you going?

1 Like

Mach 0.84 my usual cruise speed sometimes 0.85 @schyllberg

1 Like

I have this issue on props sometimes flaps help… or take of AP and level it yourself then return to AP

i did not try flaps but i did try leveling it manually after leveling i hit the AP button and immediatly it started doing the same thing

1 Like

You NEVER use flaps when you cruise! You’ll be overspeeding them!

3 Likes

Make sure your AP ALT is on your cruise alt and once you are already there if your AP is off, set the VS to 0 before turning it on.

Although it should do it automatically, I suggest you confirm that it is 0

2 Likes

I will give this a try^^

1 Like

I have this happen sometimes if the AP is set incorrectly and asking the plane to do something it can’t do. Double check your weight of the aircraft as well.

2 Likes

What was your weight/GS/ Thrust percentage?
If you were anything above light on weight and shot straight up to FL320 without decreasing your VS or climbing in steps you will lose too much speed and the FL with be inconsistant. At that altitude you should be climbing at 1000fpm so the aircraft doesnt quickly lower the nose to level off. That may be the problem. Try climbing at 1000fpm above FL270

2 Likes

I fly heavy on all my flight so would having to much weight rather than less weight be the problem?

1 Like

No its what your VS is. You need to decrease your VS as you reach different Flight levels. By 7000ftMSL I have my VS for the 777 at 2500fpm. By FL180MSL I decrease it further to 1800fpm. By FL270 MSL I am at 1000fpm. After you clear 10,000ft MSL accelerate smoothly to 280-290kts and maintain it. Take it from the guy who had the 777-200LR flying for 9 hours straight at MTOW at FL360

4 Likes

Going to try this right now. Thanks for your help my friend! @KeDoG3

1 Like

Worked like a charm @KeDoG3 thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.