B777-200ER Gear Glitch

When landing in YVR earlier, I noticed the gear tilt isn’t the same as real life.

yea yyea i know what y’all are gonna say.

Pay attention to the landing gear on this as soon as it lands.

In Infinite Flight it doesn’t lay completely flat until the front nose gear hits the ground.

-CSG

7 Likes

What is the message of this topic? I can’t understand…

1 Like

I see what your saying.

Maybe they’ll fix it on 20.2. You never know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 Likes

If you want “fix that” post this here:

Regards, Shafran

1 Like

Might be to do with the landing gear modelling. If my vision serves me right, the developers has coded the landing gears so that they don’t tilt any further than exactly flat when relative to the plane. However, from the video you shown with the El Al B772, the landing gears do in fact tilt forward for a short amount of time until the nose wheel touches the ground and the main landing gear becomes levelled again.

I know it’s hard to understand what I’m going on about, but the landing gears in IF travel relative to the aircraft’s angle, and what it considers completely flat relative to the plane may still be at an incline relative to the ground.

1 Like

Hey there Chris! This is a known issue. The devs said the gear will be the same on the 77W so for the moment there is no fix planned, but there probably will be one in the future.

5 Likes

Here’s Laura’s take on it. They know it’s an issue, but it’s not gonna be able to be fixed just yet.

3 Likes

So true it doesnt look realistic it looks kinda weird ngl

1 Like

Oh hi there, glad to hear you’re back sooner than expected.

As for gear animations, infinite flight at this point is such a complicated wunderwaffle that it looks like changing the gear animations may cause all sorts of consequences.

5 Likes

We’re also missing the suspension affect on all aircraft.

1 Like

I agree with you, I love on tilted gear planes when the main gear just smacks into the ground after touchdown.

1 Like

I agree. …

Not on all, the a350 does have suspension 😃

1 Like

Yea just the A350 and C172.

1 Like

He was referring to @PilotChrisSG 😝

But he linked my reply?