B777-200 Speed Tips

Hi everyone! I’ve been having trouble with the B777-200! Mostly with the speed when descending! Can anyone help me?

1 Like

Deploy your spoilers and start descending early so you have a low v/s.

4 Likes

The 777 is a very slippery aircraft, it’s always been that way. According to an IRL 777 pilot it’s very similar in real world usage.
@Joseph007 beat me to the point, I find that a negative VS of more than 1000 is too much. Less than 1000 seems to be a safe bet depending on your weight and the wind direction.

4 Likes

Should I try to use it today?

You can try use it whenever you like buddy. Perhaps hop onto solo, rocket into the stratosphere and see what works for you! If you are too heavy remember the 777 can do a fuel dump

1 Like

Ok and one more thing

When is the perfect top of decend for the 777-200

Top Of Descent (TOD) depends on the flight. If you use FplToIF TOD will be calculated automatically.
If you need help you can pm me.

2 Likes

Well, the problem with that is that it calculates about a -2800 descent.

I feel like no more than -1800 is good, and -1500 is preferable in the 777 (all variants). At about 18,000 feet I recommend slowing from 310 kts to 250 kts and from 250 kts to 230 kts at 10,000. Just some suggestions. Descend above FL280 at Mach 0.84, descend below FL280 at 310 kts, and like I said about 18,000 feet. Same thing goes for ascent, except you can speed up to 310 kts at 10,000.

2 Likes

Please do not post copyrighted information. If you are going to share something publicly available online please share the source url.

1 Like

:/ 🤨……wow

Step descent is a good tip 👍🏻

The arc on the map will also help during descent.

2 Likes

Sorry bout that…

No worries. Even if it is for sim use only we just need to make sure its public domain.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.