B.J. “Mr. Crack” Habibie Passes Away at 83

gambar

Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie was an Indonesian engineer and politician who was the president of Indonesia from 1998 to 1999. Only two months after his inauguration as vice president on March 1998, he succeeded Suharto who resigned after thirty-some years in office.

In 1965, Habibie delivered his thesis in aerospace engineering and received the grade of “very good” for his dissertation, giving him the title Dr.-Ing. During the same year, he accepted Hans Ebner’s offer to continue his research on Thermoelastisitas and work toward his Habilitation, but he declined the offer to join RWTH as a professor per se. His thesis about light construction for supersonic or hypersonic states also attracted offers of employment from companies such as Boeing and Airbus, which Habibie again declined.

Habibie did accept a position with Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm in Hamburg. There, he developed theories on thermodynamics, construction, and aerodynamics known as the Habibie Factor, Habibie Theorem, and Habibie Method, respectively. He worked for Messerschmitt on the development of the Airbus A-300B aircraft. In 1974, he was promoted to vice president of the company.

“In the name of the great God, I announce with a heavy heart that my father passed away at 6.03 p.m.,” Thareq Kemal Habibie, the former president’s second son, said in a statement.

B.J. Habibie had been in the intensive care unit of Army Central Hospital in Jakarta since Monday, where a team of presidential doctors treated him.

The former president’s family has yet to announce the funeral arrangements, but his body will be laid to rest in the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery in Pancoran, South Jakarta, where he will be buried next to his wife Hasri Ainun Habibie, who passed away in 2010.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._J._Habibie
https://jakartaglobe.id/context/bj-habibie-passes-away-at-83

7 Likes

I don’t think this is Aviation related. My condolences though.

Well check out on paragraph 2-3 and read about Habibie Airplane Crack theory. He also invented N250 aircraft. Check it out. Thanks btw

2 Likes

Ok, I just think it’s not a tone of impact. Thanks for the detailed and throughly recerched post.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.