Awkward Passengers

Have any of you community members had a three-row seat where a passenger was dominant in the process? What would you all do if your fellow seat neighbor were to turn on the air vent when you were cold or the lights when you were sleeping on a flight.

Just a curious question to put out there as there really is no guideline to who controls what on a passenger jet.

Have I been in an unconfrontable situation like this? Many times, as a child, on a plane. How about you?

1 Like

Me personally - I ignore it, you could ask the person fix it but being in economy it might be hard.

1 Like

Probably my most uncomfortable passenger was on an Allegiant flight. We were landing at night and the passenger who was behind me had her window shade down. Well I was looking out the window watching the sun set and because of the lighting in the cabin, her reflection was shining on my window and was completely blocking my view. I didnt want to say anything because she wouldn’t understand but I missed out on the scenery because of it.

1 Like

Once when a lady sitting beside me brought a smelly blanket and neck pillow 🤢

7 Likes

That’s terrible! I am sorry to hear that, next time I would encourage you to politely ask, though I understand for you not wanting to.

1 Like

This is very unfortunate, do you think that telling her would have started a confrontation?

I probably should’ve asked but thankfully the pilots turned on the landing lights which made it so much easier to see and I couldn’t see her reflection after that.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t complain because my mom was crew and I have to keep a low profile 👍🏻

3 Likes

Oh goodness, that could’ve been extremely awkward say if you had started an argument.

1 Like

I remember when I was flying back from the UAE on an Emirates 777, I was looking at the view and this guy was trying to sleep I guess.
He reached back and snapped his fingers 3 times, theen slammed MY window shut, I re opened it just for the snapping and slamming to repeat it self, we did this about 4 times until my mom just told me to get over it.
I would have confronted the dude but I was like 7.

2 Likes

I declare war over anyone who tries to overtake my part of the armrest. 😂

5 Likes

Last summer I was inbound SJU on final approach on SWA and the flight was really good but apparently this women does not understand what crosswinds are cause the plane was shaking a little and she was holding my arm and screaming at me! I was laughing the whole time 😂

3 Likes

Does someone getting arrested in the airport for use of drugs count

4 Likes

Same! Happened to me too, I wasn’t arrested but another passenger was because he had drugs in his bag.

2 Likes

I was coming home from Dubai on Emirates, the lady behind me put her smelly bare feet in between the window and the seat to the point where it was sticking out. Disgusting

1 Like

Flying ORD-ATL last Thursday. Had an 3h25m delay due to weather. Two idiots sitting in the economy bulkhead row behind me. They had never met before and were sitting across the aisle. Hey talked about politics the whole flight. At one point they were yelling during the flight and at least half of the CRJ were staring at them. My noise cancelling headphones couldn’t cancel them out.

3 Likes

There was a lady on my flight a few months ago on Southwest sitting in front of me, who put her long hair down on my seat.
Good thing it wasn’t jetblue, she would’ve been blocking my TV. I definitely wouldn’t have let it happen!

1 Like

I think a lot of these problems are a result of airliners constantly making spaces for people smaller on the aircraft. I see that changing in the future however with the addition of the spacious 777x coming and others.

Stab them with a fork and defend yourself by saying
“Sorry miss, I thought those were the bird claws I ordered”
😂

1 Like

snip snip
✂️

I’d never do this, just a joke

1 Like