Awesome Sydney Plane Spotting

Made use of a nice trip up to Sydney recently and managed to spend a nice day (and night!) doing some spotting at Sydney. Some of the highlights of the trip below, enjoy!

If you’d like to see more shots from this spotting trip feel free to check out my Flickr with lots more images:

32 Likes

Hello,

These are certainly some nice pictures, however this post unfortunately doesn’t adhere to the Spotting category rules. As per the category rules linked below, no more than 10 photos are permitted per topic. It would probably be best to select your 10 favourite photos to showcase within the topic.

The Spotting category rules are linked below:

Truly the airport of all time

1 Like

Whoops, didn’t realise that! Will remove a few.

1 Like

Unbeatable 🔥

1 Like

Wow amazing pics! While I’m here, I’ve been looking for a tripod to buy lol, do you know what model you have?

1 Like

Thanks! As for the tripod you can’t really go wrong with one of the big brands like manfrotto - I would suggest heading to your local camera store and looking at some options within your price range and seeing what works best for you!

1 Like

Nice shots! The China Airlines A350 is my favorite!

1 Like

They really nailed it with that carbon fibre livery! Shots worked out nice too as they waited around after pushback for a while so a decent long exposure.

1 Like

Beautiful pictures! I also come to Sydney Airport every now and then for plane spotting. I’m pretty sure I know the spotting location where you get a view across a body of water to see the runway and have been there multiple times, but may I ask where you got the other two angles of aircraft from? I would love to spot from a position like that as I’ve never seen that before.

1 Like

Those are some beautiful shots, nice job.

1 Like

The spot where the Korean 747 shot is taken from is the official viewing platform called “Sheps Mound”. The night shots were all taken from on top of the international terminal carpark just behind the Rydges hotel.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it!

1 Like

Oh I believe I’ve heard of Shep’s Mound. I haven’t spotted from the carpark before though. Thanks!

1 Like

One of my dream airport for sure!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.