Awesome Model Airport!

Came across this on Instagram! https://instagram.com/p/BIiZvv9gwV6/ it would be so awesome to have!

5 Likes

This is the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Germany. I have actually seen this with my own eyes. All the aircraft actually move, and take off.

8 Likes

LUCKY! Ever since I saw that video about 4 years ago, I’ve always wanted to go to Hamburg!

2 Likes

@dush19 why did you put it in RWA

It isn’t IF related

3 Likes

Same. The other parts of the display are also awesome (not just the airport).

What’s better is that all the staff speak German, French, and English. Also, the cars at the airport move too.

Their YouTube-Channel has also english subtitles for every video. They showed how they buildt it in the “Gerrits Diary”-series.

The Miniatur Wunderland is amazing. I only go there for the airport ;)

I went for everything. Not only do I like planes, but I also like trains.

2 Likes

Same! I want to go there so much, we went to this place in Hungary where it’s similar to Miniature Wunderland, but it’s smaller. It had trains, hot air balloons, moving cars, and you could also press certain buttons to make people move. There was even a light show!

I live in Hamburg, so I’ve seen the Miniatur Wunderland a lot. What gets me really excited every time is the airport ;)

1 Like

We don’t have anything like that (as far as I know) in New York, so I was really hyped when my parents told me I could chose our next vacation spot. I chose Europe (specifically, Frankfurt, Hamburg, and London).

1 Like

I was in Germany and wanted to go to Hamburg but couldn’t. I’ll probably wait until I’m 14 and look for cheap flights.

1 Like

I have good chances of going there this summer.

where about’s in Hamburg is it? I visit a couple of times a year for work but I normally stay around the city centre.

If I remember correctly, it is very central in Hamburg, in the so called “Speicherstadt” which is a well known part of the city. I’d say 15 minutes of walk from the central station.
I am not 100% sure though.

2 Likes

ah yes, know the area! will have to try and look it up next time I am over!

I took a bus from my hotel to the Wunderland via Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). Took me about 5-10 minutes from Hauptbahnhof.

The Miniatur Wunderland is located in the Speicherstadt which is a part of the Hafencity. Here is it’s location on Google Maps: