Away / Active Question

Yesterday I flew KDFW to EHAM. and about 3 centers contacted me while away. Are they supposed to do that. I was on training.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be doing that. Although, it is the training server, so you can’t do much.

1 Like

Well that’s your answer - a lot of controllers on training have no idea what they are doing. On Expert they wont contact you if you are “Away”

2 Likes

That’s your problem right there. If you were on the expert server, ATC would actually utilise the away/active feature to see if you were active at your device instead of sending unnecessary requests 🤷

1 Like

Ohhhh… cuz I got scared about the violations phew… thank you so much!

They didn’t do anything incorrect, they should on guard once, once you enter their airspace. If you see it you can tune in, if not no problem. We do not check if you are active or away on Expert for the on guard, it’s proactive so that when you return you know we are there.

2 Likes

It happened near JFK, Gander, then in London

what does it look like for controllers- how do they know that we’re actually “away”?

A dot and the colour of the dot tells them. Green is for active, amber is for away.

1 Like

ATC on the server can bot give you level 2 or 3 violations, therefore, you’ll be fine

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.