Avro Vulcan XH558

There are already 2 requests for this aircraft, one of which has been closed. They are pretty old having been made around 2016 or 2015.

I wanted to request this military aircraft because it is truly a wonderful plane.

The Vulcan XH558 is a jet powered bomber that was used by the Royal Air Force and others from the 1960s-1990s. It is powered by Rolls-Royce Olympus engines which produce between 32,000-38,000 lbs of thrust. The design of the intakes produce a loud howl when exceeding 90%. The aircraft was flown for decades up until 2015, where it was retired for good. The Vulcan has been liked by many therefore leading to this request. If anything is wrong with my request, do tell me. Thank you!

Image belongs to Paul Johnson

Source of image

What impresses me (As someone who knows nothing about RAF history) is that they managed to fit a crew of six to seven in that thing! To me it looks like it should be crewed by three lol, but that’s just me knowing nothing about even somewhat historical bombers I guess 🤷‍♂️

Talking about historical aircraft, IF needs more of them so I’d be more then pleased to see this added eventually

1 Like

A crew of 6 to 7? Wow

2 Likes

This is most likely something that’ll come at an extremely later time because theres LOTS of variants of aircraft “missing” and others that are in desperate need of reworks, or just a refresh like they did with the A333 and gave it new skins/wingflex otherwise this is a beautiful aircraft

1 Like