Avro-RJ85 ( British Aerospace)

Why we need to see her
Devon see her because she is a very old duo and he will be a very good addition for IF.

Avro-RJ85-copie

Credit artheauaviation.com

Rôle
Avion de ligne
origine nationale
Royaume-Uni
Fabricant
British Aerospace
BAE Systems
Avro International
Premier vol
3 septembre 1981
introduction
Mai 1983
Statut
Service limité
Utilisateurs primaires
CityJet
Airlink
Mahan Air
SkyJet Airlines
Produit
1978-2001
Nombre construit
387 (Avro RJ: 166; BAe 146: 221)
Coût du programme
350 millions de livres

The British Aerospace 146 (also BAe 146) is a short-haul and regional airliner that was manufactured in the United Kingdom by British Aerospace, the last part of BAE Systems. Production ran from 1983 to 2002. The manufacture of an improved version known as Avro RJ began in 1992. A new improved version with new engines, the Avro RJX, was announced in 1997, but only two prototypes and a production aircraft had been built before. With 387 aircraft built, the Avro RJ / BAe 146 is the most successful British civil jet aircraft program.

Short-haul type

Motorization

Avco Lycoming ALF502R-5 4-engine 3,170 kgp Avco Lycoming engine

Dimensions

Wingspan 26.33 m

Length 28.60 m

Height 8.59 m

Wing surface 77,29 m2

Number of places 111

Masses

Empty weight 25 660 kg

Maximum mass 42 184 kg

Performances

Landing 800 m

Cruising speed 754 km/h

Maximum speed (VNE) 850 km/h

Ceiling 31,000 feet (9,450 m)

Distance to be covered 2,700 km

Autonomy 3 h 30 to 4 h

The airline companies

AIR France
Suisse
Mahan Airlines
Ellinair
Atlantic Airways

There will be more airlines when I do more research on the airlines that have it

Never it’s the uggliest airplane.

1 Like

You can always keep your thoughts to yourself. I personally like to see this 4 engine beast in the game as it is almost fully retired

2 Likes

isnt the whole point of having a forum to share different ideas? dont get so offended if someone has a different opinion than you

also this plane is ugly looking - i agree with @Jeremy351

1 Like

No offense, but I don’t particularly think this is needed!

1 Like

Ah, let’s add the whole RJ family instead! But the 85 is a start.

I used to fly on the SWISS RJ100 a lot. Loved that plane, especially the special sound when the flaps were deployed. I don’t think that we’ll ever see it in IF because there are many other things on the list before, but oh boy I’d love to have it.

2 Likes

Don’t want to be rude, but I do not see a need in this aircraft, the time wasted for this could be used for some better features, honestly. There are so many aircraft out there you could vote for, but why this one?

Seems plain and boring to me, honestly don’t see a need in this.
Not trying to attack, just expressing my opinion.

G’day,
Speed

1 Like

Would love to see this! Be fun have this four engine commuter, plus we can have the fire fighter version of it like the DC10!

1 Like

Also flown by Summit Air, and comes in a prop version. Wouldn’t mind seeing it in IF, but it’s not a priority for me.

2 Likes

Duplicate?

1 Like

Wow, thanks for spotting that! Flagged it :)

1 Like