Avrg landing speed and altitude?

Whats the best landing speed and altitude range for 737 emb190 and aircraft of that size?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Didnt someone say not to comment on someones post unless its adding to the discussion

1 Like

Anyways what a good speed and final decent rate for landing?

Well ya ik haha thanks though

Your plane should be level until you cross the threshold while maintaining the glideslope.

Your altitude indicator should be just slightly above the horizon. Your speed controls your rate of descent.

If you are losing altitude to fast and going below the glideslope you are going to slow, if above your are going to fast. Your horizon is your constant.

So no matter what your weight or flap setting are, maintain a speed that keeps your plane level and that is you approach speed for that part of the approach.

For example, when you are at flaps 30 or 40 you are on final approach. Maintain a speed that keeps your plane level with the horizon. A 737-800 would be around 144kts depending on weight and winds.

Landing speed is about 5 to 10kts below your approach speed.

I usually approach at 120 kts with full flaps in no winds, I intercept the glideslope/localizer at 3,000 ft AGL

I touchdown on the numbers

Thanks guys

2 Likes

Good landing and Nice๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@Aernout might be able to help

On IFโ€™s YouTube channel there is a landing tutorial

Combined with this:

Will give you an idea I hope.

Maybe this can help: http://www.deltava.org/library/B737%20Manual.pdf

The numbers are not in the touchdown zone. You should be aiming beyond teh numbers to the touchdown aiming point and landing within the marked touchdown zone.

See this photo: http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/uMqy5XgKOww/hqdefault.jpg