Avoid sending duplicate messages, ATC

Not to be blunt but I believe the Qualified controllers are as it is more knowledgable than you (Unless your real life ATC or a pilot) And if they send a message multiple times it’s for a safe flight not trolling.

1 Like

Off topic. My feature is pilots can say “avoid sending duplicate messages”
They sometimes do wrong things and you must listen to them or be ghosted. Now if pilots can say this ATC can check if they do the right thing.

1 Like

Yes. You are right. But when they are wrong. You still must listen to them or be ghosted. If pilots can say this message it will help them to do their job

1 Like

IFATC is a group of controllers that have gone through testing and always has to control to the best of their ability. They should not be sending multiple messages with the intent of trolling, (which I have never seen happen). So having this feature, it’s basically asking for trouble and increases the chances of trolling

9 Likes

They are rarely wrong and when a mistake is made they are sure to apologise and amend the mistake. I’m sorry but I trust the IFATC more based on my experience being controlled by them.

4 Likes

Just imagine the abuse of this feature.

4 Likes

TS1 and Casual would be a nightmare it could actually discourage pilots to go through that misery just to get to the expert server.

2 Likes

If you did nothing wrong, you did nothing wrong. Simple

4 Likes

To add to this you can always PM the controller with your complaint and all of them are happy to give feedback.

3 Likes

If you get ghosted, why don’t you contact @appeals because they can reverse it if it was the controller’s mistake

1 Like

I already said how can people abuse. Like if they say any message too much they will be ghosted because “spam frequency”

1 Like

It’ll obviously be misused. Imagine the ATC ghosting you for “spamming frequency with avoid sending duplicate messages”

As I said yesterday in response to you, he sent you a duplicate frequency change simply because you refused to tune out of his frequency. When they give you a frequency change, they expect you to tune out and not stay on it and listen. It’s frustrating for us, especially at busy airports.

This idea is a 🤦‍♂️, it doesn’t make sense to allow pilots to tell the controller to avoid sending duplicate messages.

3 Likes

Right now EHFK tower. Look! 4 times on guard message in 1 minute.

1 Like

Simply because they need to get you on their frequency, but you just refuse to.

It’s simple don’t spam sometimes frequency is busy patience is necessary

Frequency change approved. Ok thank you you approve me to change frequency. I can change frequency. The message says I approve to change frequency. Not “change frequency now”

yes you are right. So pilots should can tell this to ATC if they send message 5 times.

Controllers on expert server won’t send a message twice unecessarily on purpose, it’s quite easy to tap the quick menu twice by accident. If they do send a message twice it’s probably for a good reason. Controllers have to maintain a good standard which is constanty being monitored.

There could be something urgent that the tower needs you to be aware of. For example, traffic alert, or, you’re on the wrong frequency etc.

1 Like

When you get “frequency change approved, good day” you are supposed to leave the frequency.

1 Like