Hello everyone! I plan on applying to become an IFATC controller in the near future. Feel free to leave remarks and suggestions on how I can improve my controller skills.
KSEA ground and tower open… Training Server
Open until 0025z
Coming for some patterns!
Keep in mind I am using joystick so I may crash lol
Just discovered that yesterday, I feel your pain!
I can’t close my canopy either
Good job! Sorry I had to go quickly
No worries! Thanks for coming out!
Open until 0025z (15 minutes)
Great stuff! Best of luck with your controlling!
To start you off, here are what I call my golden rules for controlling. It’s obviously not all the rules, but these will get you started. Check out the official IFATC training video’s on YouTube. You’ll learn a lot!
- Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes given before a taxi instruction.
- Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
- every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
- Every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction
- “sequencing is your friend”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow.Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed.
- Use I’ll call your base, to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
- aircrafts remaining in the pattern get a touch and go with an exit turn direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
- Timely clearance for landing or for the option
- landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction. Know your exit procedures
- an inbound aircraft only gets one (1) landing/option clearance.
Send me a direct message if you have any questions.
Wow! Thank you for these rules! I will definitely use these in future operations!
Ground and Tower open at KPHX
Ill do some pattern work :)
Darn, just closed :(… I’ll be open in 30-40 minutes though!
Okay maybe ill come at that time :D
Now open again!
I’ll fly some patterns :)
I’ll come by if it’s not too late
Not too late yet. I’m still flying there: )