AviationFreak's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hello! I am open at PHX for about 15-20 minutes then will be open again about 20 minutes later!

NOTAMS:
08, 7L and 7R in use
No plane larger than a 747-400 (777-300ER is allowed)

Thanks!

2 Likes

On my way!

1 Like

Awesome thanks!

Might come round

1 Like

I might have stalled myself out but from mt quick session, you have the basics. I gave some commands such as frequency change request and pushback and you handled both correctly as my aircraft could not pushback. Good luck in the future

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Sorry I closed on such short notice. Dinner is ready sooner than I thought. Should be open in about 15-20 minutes again!

Thanks to all who stopped by!

1 Like

Please PM when open again thanks

1 Like

Hello, I was flying as C-FOAR. Excellent job today at KPHX! You are definitely a knowledgeable controller with lots of potential!

Here is my feedback from our short session:

01:09Z - Instead of telling JA-1219 to hold short & line up and wait, you could’ve just cleared them for takeoff using anticipated departure as I was well into my takeoff roll.

01:11Z - Instead of clearing JA-1219 for the option runway 7R, you should have first given him a sequence behind me (Number 2, traffic to follow is on right downwind.)

Remember,

1) Pattern Entry Instructions (if required)
2) Sequencing (if required)
3) Clearence

01:12Z - JA-1219 was WAY too close to me in the pattern. I recommend for next time issuing slower speed command or a left 360 for spacing. I know JA-1219 was F-14 going much faster than me, but you still must preserve the spacing in the pattern.

One piece of advice I’d like to offer is to keep “Right Runway” traffic on a right-hand pattern and “Left Runway” traffic on a left-hand pattern. It will help keep the pattern less confusing and can offer flexibility for fast aircraft to remain in a separate pattern.

Overall, you are a proficient controller with outstanding knowledge of ATC. Make sure to read over the ATC manual Introduction | Infinite Flight and continue to host these ATC tracking threads as they are fantastic tools for the written & practical test.

Feel free to tag me whenever you OPEN your thread and I will try my best to attend!

Again, this was a very proficient session. I can’t wait to see you improve from here, let me know if you have any questions! :)

1 Like

I agree with you here. But because PHX has that runway 26/08 it would also be tough to have people on 7L to have left hand patterns because that would make it also confusing with 26/08.

Also, thanks so much for the feedback! I appreciate it!

1 Like

I’m always happy to help :)

Yes, PHX is just a funky airport when it comes to pattern work lol.

1 Like