Aviation3’s Radar Tracking Thread [CLOSED] @ N/A

As you guys may have know I got accepted into IFATC a few months ago with the help of all you wonderful people! So today I had my first Radar training session and it went good but I need practice!

I will only be opening PHOG and mainly need to practice ILS Radar patterns. Thx guys main time will be 1900-2300!

3 Likes

Hey guys I will be opening up PHOG APPR on TS in 30 mins! 2-3 aircraft would be greatly appreciated to do 2-3 radar patterns!

2 Likes

Now open at PHOG for radar patterns! Pls spawn on ground

1 Like

I will stop by!

1 Like

I just have a question. Do you want us to depart the airspace and then turn back towards it?

Just takeoff and fly two patterns I will vector u. I’m new to this hence the thread :)

1 Like

Speed command a little too late, had already had a separation bust with ROBRO on crosswind and was given it on mid downwind. You could’ve turned my base midway through the ILS instead of having to follow ROBRO, and could’ve put me a bit lower since I was visual. And since you had pretty much set me up for an ILS, I wasn’t able to spot the airport on base. To put how this could’ve gone in perspective, imagine that you are a tower controller and you have a general aviation aircraft and a jet in a pattern. The jet is going to make longer patterns than the ga, so of course you’d put the GA in front of the jet and have him fly tighter patterns. This is the exact same case! So imagine that a visual is a GA and you want them to fly a tighter pattern than an ILS. I hope that my feedback has brought some light to the situation and I hope to see you controlling radar, along with myself as I’m currently in radar training as well, sometime soon. :)

1 Like

Ok! Thx for the feedback! I was told by my trainer to keep visuals behind any traffic in front of them…

1 Like

We have the same trainer… 🤔 😂

Ok must’ve just confused what he said then lol. I’ll check in with him 😂

First day of training so not very good 😂

It’s alright!! Everyone has to start somewhere, and let me tell ya, my training session today didn’t nearly go perfect. We all make mistakes and as long as we can learn from them, we can improve. :)

2 Likes

Thx for the kind words. I got another session tmmr so we will see how that goes

1 Like

I might possibly stop by if I have the time.

1 Like

2230Z I’m pretty sure. Also thx for stopping by @ShaneAviation and @RoBroStar!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the Radar services today at Maui! @Aviation3

Feeedback: As mentioned above, there was a seperation bust between me and S-HANE.

When I said “executing missed approach”, you gave me normal vectors. The correct thing to do would be to press the execute missed approach tab and then give me vectors through there. PM me if you need more clarification.

Other than that, good job today! Hope to see you as an IFATC officer soon! :)

1 Like

Ohhh didn’t know there was a tab for that. Ok will do. Thx for stopping by!

1 Like

Also, please tag me when you are open in the future! I might not show up for the next couple of days however because my practical exam is on Wednesday! :) @Aviation3

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Are you planning on remaining open? I can log back on.

Edit: Np, see you tomorrow or whenever you open next!