Aviation Nation 2022 | Day One | KLSV

kam goes to an airshow. the first one in 4 years.

It’s been 4 years since Nellis AFB held it’s own airshow, and Aviation Nation made it’s return this year as a 3 day event, 2 open to the public. And it was all free entry! (apart from the $10 chicken tenders and $8 lemonade).

Me, @Alec, and @ZinZowe all met up to take some photos. The crowds were insanely large so I didn’t get a lot of high quality shots. This topic is more of showcasing the static displays. Majority of the airshow’s shots are also backlit which sucked a lot, perhaps a petition to move the sun to the north side of the airport on selected days.

The National Park Services’ Cessna 206. They de-pontooned it sadly, but it’s usually a versatile aircraft that can land on water.

The departure of the F-16 Aggressor, nicknamed Ghost!

A one of a kind Aggressor scheme on the F-35A. This belongs to a newly formed squadron known as the 65th Aggressors which will be utilizing the F-35A.

Parked next to the F-35A is the F-16C also painted in the Ghost scheme like seen above.

The tail of the KC-46, the middest aerial refueler.

The next 5 images are fighters on static display. In order of the A-10C, F-16C, F-15E, F-35A, and F-22A.

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube
Volanta

39 Likes

Decent mate did you get in free? I will met you there Tomorrow sometime in the afternoon.

The show actually ended today as the third day of the airshow. But yeah, the entire event was free apart from food, drinks, and merchandise.

2 Likes

Oh ok, maybe we can go planes potting sometime at KLAS!

2 Likes

Woahhh!! Amazing photos

1 Like

Beautiful shots! Can’t wait for KTIKs airshow next year!

4 Likes

Count me in!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing pictures @Kamryn

1 Like

But you didn’t bring me.

contentious skill issue