Aviation Museums

Hello great inhabitants of this here online forum 😆
I pose yet another question →
what is/was your favorite aviation museum that you’ve been to?
Mine was the Stephen F. Udvar Hasey Center at KIAD!!

Pictures

If you haven’t been to any aviation museums, what is one that you’d like to visit?

12 Likes

Solid choice (also my fav)

2 Likes

Mine has gotta be the Museum Of Flight in Seattle. The Concorde made it worth it!

3 Likes

Either the Museum of Flight in Seattle, or the Northwest Airlines Museum in Bloomington, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis). These pictures are from the Museum of Flight.

3 Likes

The National Air & Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

2 Likes

Palm Springs Air Museum 😎

3 Likes

I’ve never been to any museum but I would love to visit the USAF museum in Dayton Ohio

2 Likes

I love the one at Dulles. The best part is going in the elevator the the watch tower and spotting planes and listening to ATC.

Another good one is LAX. You get to be right on the ramp on the south side and watch planes all day!

2 Likes

That one was really cool, went like 4 years ago and it was neat. so so many planes and helicopters

1 Like

It’s not really a “museum” but I liked the NASA Space Center in Houston. My favorite is the Dulles one at the airport. It’s got this really cool SR-71 and a space shuttle. Oh did I forgot to mention the space shuttle that NASA has on display at Kennedy Space Center? It’s the real deal, went to space 13 times!

2 Likes

The picture I shared of the blackbird doesn’t do justice of it’s true size

1 Like

It’s actually bigger than the an225

Ver surprised United noises

1 Like

Definitely the Smithsonian Air And Space museum. Sadly I don’t have any photos, but it’s truly a magical place!

1 Like

i also went tomthe smithsonean museum while i was in DC a few years back!
sadly there was alot of construction 😭 so only have was open to the public

1 Like

i’ll try to find some pictures

The flight pax museum on the side of LAX is awesome. Sadly don’t have any pictures

the DMV loves u

2 Likes

i dont think so

1 Like

No it doesn’t bc I don’t know what that stands for 🤦

1 Like