Aviation Mode

I am thinking it would be cool to have something like Aviation Mode in Infinite Flight. This would only be offered on Expert. There will be computer controled ATC (unless someone does ATC) and there will a computer fly every route in the world that is flown commercially. A person could fly one of these routes if they spawn up to 15 min before the flight departs. To do this, a person will select an airline, and all their routes that are available for you to fly are shown. You then pick one and all the flight information will be given. Also there will be reminders when to pushback, taxi, takeoff, landing etc. This will mean that Infinite Flight will look more realistic and more fun.

What do you think?

Sounds complicated…

10 Likes

It might take a while to make but then the game will be more realsitic and it could compete with computer sims, because computer sims don’t offer that.

2 Likes

Some computer simulators have non human controlled airports. It would take to long to being to the game when Unicom is just as good. There’s no point in having so much data for ever airport just to provide a computer response to your ATC request when not every airport offers ATC. Then there’s the hassle of finding all the Unicom airports and making sure they aren’t included etc.

1 Like

Just because no one has this, doesn’t mean we need it…
there’s probably a good reason for not having this mode on PC.

1 Like

Unneeded! Just do it yourself!

You dont want to make more work than needed for Laura and her amazing team!

1 Like

If you said add some robots like flying on their own, to keep each airport at least some planes, some activities then is really good idea. Yeah only expert server is need it.

2 Likes

Don’t tag devs, basic rule on the forum.

5 Likes

Sounds complicated, unnecessary, lag creating, and time wasting. No thanks.

2 Likes

FSX has some, but not much, in the way of AI aircraft, plus non-human ATC. If this were to ever come into IF, I think it should be solo only. Even then, it’s probably too much for mobile devices to handle…

Every commercial route in the world would mean almost every single controlled airfield would be filled with aircraft on the ground, and some devices can barely handle 4-5 aircraft on live anyways. This would be a nightmare for IFATC to try and control bots as well as players and not to mention the nightmare it would be for pilots who’s devices would get fried due to the lag.

10 Likes

Or bots just stay in the airport to fill some airplanes instead of lonely airport :D just saying

3 Likes

Amazing Idea. We have to be open to these ideas before we run short of em…Whatever anyone says I got ya back mate, we should be more open to ideas. It just makes the game a whole lot better and will bring in a lot more downloads for the team. :)

Exactly , PC Sims, don’t forget IF is a mobile sim

1 Like

I like the routes that I get to choose rather then what AI gives me. Sounds like a very unique idea

1 Like

No. A lot of work for FDS, it would confuse people and ATC, and it would probably crash phones/tablets that can’t run IF very well.

1 Like

It’s a great concept for something the devs aren’t close to yet.

1 Like

as @Demeter said: It’s a nice idea but servers would be so overloaded making it almost impossible to use on some older devices. This is a mobile sim and we have to take the technological disadvantage in mind, that means that something like this wouldn’t work out.

2 Likes

Well, that is the case now. In a few years phones might be able to handle more aircraft. Also, the IFATC wouldn’t control bots. They would provide 24/7 ATC in every airfield in the world. When someone chooses to control at an airfield, the robots will simply stop controlling the frequencies the person choose until the controller stops controlling. Then the bots will continue to control the frequencies.

1 Like