Aviation in 2018 | What are you looking forward to?

Hello Guys,

A new year is just around corner, and with it, come new aircraft, airline deliveries, routes, and even airlines! Infact, 2018 might be one of the biggest years yet for change in modern aviation, as so many airlines and aircraft manufacturers are replacing old aircraft with new ones. New airlines and routes are also being created to accommodate more and more people that fly by air each year.

So what new airline, aircraft, airline delivery, route, or livery are you most excited about in 2018? Make sure to post it below and include a picture if you can.

What am I excited about?

I’m looking forward to the first 777X, which is expected to roll off the line this year:
marquee-777x

Delta will start receiving it’s CS100s, which is also happy for me as I might even fly on one:
cf

And lastly, Westjet is scheduled to begin service with their new ultra low cost airline, Swoop. This is exciting for me as I see a lot of of Westjet aircraft over my house, which should be added to by these:
swoop

Thanks for reading, post what you are looking forward to below!

27 Likes
  • 777X rollout
  • 787-10 Entry in Service with Singapore Airlines
  • 737 max 7
  • A350-1000 service entry with Qatar Airways
  • A330neo entry into service.

Looks like a good year ahead 😌

22 Likes

A350-1000 and A330neo. I like Airbus. 👍

9 Likes

Im definitely looking towards the A330 NEO and 777X!

4 Likes

Lots of stuff happening this year! Airbus A350-1000 and Boeing 787-10. Two very interesting aircraft, looking forward to seeing them. As well, Air Canada and WestJet continue with 737 MAX deliveries, and Air Canada with the CS300. As well, I’m looking forward to the 777X rollout. Lots to look forward to this coming year, let’s see what happens!

3 Likes

The Boom Supersonic Aircraft will be in testing in preparation for the first service by the aircraft in 2020 by Japan Airlines

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I had no idea it was coming so soon!

2 Likes

Hope 2018 is going to be a great year for aviation. In particular, I am looking forward to two aircrafts. The A350-1000 (Qatar) & 777X rollout. Finally the B77W is going to have a true competitor that has a similar size from Airbus and boy am I looking forward to it. And the 777X is going to mark a new era to aviation as whole imo.

1 Like

Isn’t the 777X rolling out in 2020 with Emirates being the launch customer?

http://m.gulfnews.com/amp/business/aviation/emirates-will-be-first-airline-to-receive-777x-says-boeing-1.2100774

1 Like

Apparently Primera Air is beginning trans atlantic flights next year.

1 Like

Ooh and Southwest is to start flights to Hawaii with their MAXes too!I

3 Likes

For KTPA to finish Phase 1 of their major rebuild

1 Like

The first example (test aircraft) will be built and rolled out of the factory late 2018. It’s scheduled to do it’s first flight in February, 2019. Then It will be flight tested all of that year until it begins service with Emirates in 2020.

1 Like

Can I say something I’m not looking forward to?

Retirement of American 747s!

1 Like

American has had, or has any Boeing 747’s.*

*they did have 747 freighters briefly.

1 Like

I meant like U.S airlines :)
Check this link out for more information:

2 Likes

This may be just me but I’m looking forward to Qatar Airways opening a new route into Canberra with their A350!

1 Like

What I look forward to:

Aer Lingus commencing operations into PHL, and seeing the BA 747 for a long time

I am looking forward to the 777-9 start its long journey
For Qantas to order the 777-8

And finally the A380 may fall next year

1 Like

PER-Lhr to inaugurate

2 Likes