Aviation for a 13 year old

Is there any Jobs/anything that I can do related with aviation now at 13. All wanna do is be more involved with aviation

1 Like

It’s not a job but you can volunteer for Civil Air Patrol (in the US) or join some Cadet thing for the UK (I think that exists)

5 Likes

All you can really do at the moment is really flight lessons. That’s all I can think of.

3 Likes

Pick up trash at the airport…

33 Likes

@the_simulation_nerd
I would say the same thing.

1 Like

Actually sounds like something I’d like to do

If this wasn’t in RWA, I’d say Airport Editing.

3 Likes

Contact your local airport operations manager. They would be able to assist and maybe even get a job!

1 Like

Depends on which country you come from in the UK you can’t get a job until 16

4 Likes

It’s 14 here in the US

4 Likes

Yep but another thing is that they want to hired you.

1 Like

There aren’t many job choices but you can start flight school as there is no specific age in which yiu can start

2 Likes

My Grandpa is on the board at my local airport so I hope he can get me a job when I’m allowed. When you are younger and can’t work, I’d say call the airport and see what they might recommend, whether it be an upcoming airshow, flight lessons, etc.

1 Like

I’m 15 but I joined RAF Air Cadets when I was 14 and Ive done flying with them and when I was 14, I was on a work experience course doing Aeronautical Engineering in the Falkland Islands. I’m currently doing a PPL not sure what th age restriction is where you live.

2 Likes

Nah you can get smaller ones at 13

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Private Pilot’s Licence

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Not legally.

1 Like

You can work part time at 13:
https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/minimum-ages-children-can-work

1 Like