Aviation Feel Good Story. Buying ATC Lunch

Hello IFC,
As the Us government continues with a shutdown of federal employees not getting paid including Air Traffic controllers who keep our skies safe, One day from a facebook page i am a part of, I got an idea that I wanted to help these men and women as a thank you for doing there job with no pay. With that being said, I recently contacted an Air Traffic Controller at my local Class Charlie Commercial Airport about buying him and his fellow controllers lunch. As a pilot and a human, I feel like giving back is the least I can do for these men and women during this time. I sent him a message through facebook and he accepted our offer for lunch one day. I will keep everyone updated on this thread and post pictures as well when times come appropriate.

PLEASE no political statements as those will be flagged. This is just a heart warming story i thought id share

36 Likes

Such a generous act, good for you. Have a great lunch with your fellow Air traffic controller(s). 👍

5 Likes

Thanks. I like keeping a good relationship with the local controllers so its the least i can do

4 Likes

That’s such a hospitable thing to do. To give back to the people who stay to work their already burdensome jobs, to make sure we are safe without pay! This inspires me to get out and help them as well. This was truly a generous act and we must help these controllers through this time they need us most and give back to your community. Great things are in store for people who are as kind as you, and finally I wanted to say Thank you. I feel as if you just bought me lunch 🙂. Coming across your topic just made my day whole lot better.

4 Likes

This is amazing, the best thing I’ve read today. Thank you for your generous acts of kindness! This warms my heart!

3 Likes

im glad i can make your day with my topic. these people work hard and they definetlly deserve a free meal so they dont have to worry about it. I can promise that even if they say no, the thought is what counts

2 Likes

im glad it can have a positive impact with people on the community. thread will be updated

2 Likes

Very good deed sir. Kudos to you.

1 Like

thank you appriciate it

3 Likes

What an amazing act of kindness. It’s wonderful to read about these things and know that no matter how dark the world may seem, there’s always some light.

2 Likes

good to hear. i want to lighten some of the dark matters in the world

2 Likes

I must say that quite a few people (myself included) thanked the TSA workers at my flight today, I mean I’m sure that’s small condolences to them, but I’m glad people are at least aware they they are there keeping us safe without pay…

2 Likes

Of course! One thing as a pilot is I always appreciate the ATC for keeping the skies safe. It’s a stressful job and there doing it without a pay check. Least I can do is buy lunch

1 Like

Ya, I mean the thing that concerns me the most is that some of these people like ATC, TSA, inspectors, etc, are working high pressure jobs whare precision is everything, so I think we should do anything we can to ease there minds…

3 Likes

So generous! Thank you!

i totally agree.

1 Like

thank you. giving back is something i like to do

1 Like

Update: The controller got back to me and his Supervisor said it’s fine! Getting them dinner tonight. What should we get them

3 Likes

Something very filling…maybe BBQ?

1 Like

Get them a couple racks of ribs, Texas toast, potatoes, and maybe some cornbread or salad. They will definitely like some good BBQ.

2 Likes