Aviation Documentaries

Hey guys, I just finished the last season of air disasters by the Smithsonian channel. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for something new to watch. I realize that a similar topic was made in 2016 but I was wondering if something new has come out since then.

1 Like

Air Crash Investigation. Great Aviation Crash documentaries. Very informal and makes you think. Pretty sure Discovery Channel (USA) and National Geographic (USA) broadcasts it

3 Likes

I personally enjoy Ultimate Airport Dubai, It is interesting to learn how that airport runs.

5 Likes

Britain’s busiest airport is a good one, it’s all about heathrow and how it ticks!

5 Likes

I watched a video on Heathrow before that was 1 or 2 hours long. It was talking about he history and future. Cool video. I wound just google “Aviation Documentaries” and see what you come up with. Also which air disaster episode did you find the most interesting?

1 Like

There’s a cool series on Netflix called “Ice Pilots” (I think)

It’s about a cargo/passenger airline called Buffalo Air that operates really old planes (mainly the DC-3) up in northern Canada. It’s pretty wild that they operate such old (and unreliable) planes in the crazy weather conditions of Northwest territories!

3 Likes

Have you ever watched 747s or concorde documentaries

1 Like

I love that show! I love seeing all the parts of the airport that no one sees or hears about.

3 Likes

I have also enjoyed that one but they are so difficult to find on you tube

1 Like

I tried it but it was Ok, it didn’t really click with me.

1 Like

Yea, they are not on Netflix either.

1 Like

I have seen one on what caused the failure of the Concorde. It was nice plane and I wish it was still around. Can you imagine what would have happened if the metal piece wasn’t on the runway that fateful day.

1 Like

Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix and All 6 seasons are available through amazon prime video. Really fun watch!

2 Likes

I think that the Concorde didn’t fail because it crashed, i have actually made a topic on this,

1 Like

Oh awesome! I didn’t know any more seasons existed. Thanks for responding

2 Likes

Will definitely try these out tonight. Ice pilots sounds interesting.

2 Likes

I would try X-Ray mega airport. It’s a great series by the Smithsonian channel!

1 Like

Ok cool can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Air warriors on the smithsonian channel is one of my favorites. Just wish they went into more planes.

1 Like

Will definitely check it out.