Aviation Career Day at LAX

Hello friends,

And welcome to my first RWA topic!

On November 9th, my school gave us the opportunity to attend career day at LAX. Of course, I went, and dragged my friends along with me. Last year they had it on the 8th, but the Flight Museum wasn’t open (cool fact: my history teacher’s dad is in charge of the museum and, upon learning that it wasn’t open last year, opened it for us :)). Unfortunately I was too fascinated to take any photos.

Anyways, it was not in a terminal. In fact, it was on Nippon Cargo’s parking area. We got to see a ton of planes takeoff, as well as talk to many pilots, police officers, NASA test pilots (who gave me an autographed photo), flight attendants, and engineers. United was there, and they gave me a business class amenity kit for knowing so much about their airline! They also gave these cool cards that had a plane on the front, and its specifications on the back. I will add photos of what they gave me once I take pictures of them.

I surprisingly was the only one on the trip who had a passion for aviation. Below you’ll find pictures of the Nippon Cargo 747-8F that was parked near us, as well as other photos of planes.

IMG_6418IMG_6414IMG_6IMG_6424|690x386416

Thank you for stopping by and listening to my adventures at LAX!

44 Likes

Seeing a 747-8 up close… Now that, will be unforgettable.

9 Likes

What about being in one 🤔
I always thought the Nippon cargo livery looked good on the 748

3 Likes

It was waaay bigger than I expected it to be…

2 Likes

In my experience, widebody aircraft always look small in photos and sims, but in real life they’re massive.

5 Likes

I’m really jealous of your school outing. Getting the amenity kit must’ve been so cool!

5 Likes

I did that recently at my local airport but the best I got was pictures of an A320. Not quite as good as yours with the B747 😂

3 Likes

Wow!! Did your school go to the Flight Path Museum at Lax? It is a little further down the 105! And right on the tarmac also!

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if I was the only avgeek in class, even in the whole school probably. Glad you enjoyed your trip though, sounds fun!

6 Likes

I received a card like that from Delta to of there 717 there pretty cool still have it

2 Likes

Nice post! Sounds like an unforgettable trip. (For you not the other people).

2 Likes

YES! I just went there and am taking (virtual) flight classes there! I love the spotting.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.