Avgeeks to the rescue

I’m sorry. I know my not giving much to work with but who can tell me with 95% certainty what this airplqne is

P.S. Whoops. Say hi to my dad

1 Like

This should be in #screenshots-and-videos or #real-world-aviation but that’s a 747! Not sure if it’s a -300 or -400 due to not being able to clearly see the wingtips (doesn’t look like they are there). When was this taken?

Looks like 747 to me. Confused about the topic

3 Likes

I’m asking what type of airplane this is. Kind of self-explanatory. My father asked me but I couldn’t tell him so I wanted to figure out.

Looks like a B747-300 to me

It’s a Boeing 747-400. Looks like a -300 but the engines are fully covered so it must be a -400.

1 Like

The -300 can also be fully covered. I just think it’s a -300 because if it was a -400, I would have seen a winglet, but I don’t see it :/

1 Like

By any chance do you mind telling the general location of this picture and what time it was taken?

1 Like

Not for that angle.

Example

I doubt the 747-300 still flies, unless it’s a photo from a long time ago, that’s a -400.

2 Likes

747 Sp

It has the wide body kinda looks like one

1 Like

If you want to know what 98% of airplanes are, I recommend flightradar24! It tracks aircraft and tells you 98% of the time what they are and where they are headed/where they came from! :D

1 Like

Yeah, looks like this is the remaining 747-300 that’s still flying.

There’s two other -300s in two airlines’ fleets but haven’t flown in a while.

1 Like

Thank you guys. This photo was sent to me by my dad. In another country. He sent to me a few hours after he saw it so by the time I got it I couldn’t check on Flightradar24. It was in central Pennsylvania, he told me it was flying in the direction of Harrisburg International. He said he saw that the other day as well flying low. I looked at the aircraft on the ground at Harrisburg International but there’s not a 747 listed.

Is there a timestamp to the picture? Some flight tracking apps have playbacks.

It would have been around 6 to 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

I appreciate you guys. This is the exact reason this community is awesome. Thank you guys so much

Were always happy to help! :D

1 Like

Aight, this might be crazy, but I’m 90% sure it’s Air Force One. It’s not showing up on a tracking site’s playback, meaning it’s likely hidden.

The engine’s are slightly tinted light blue, just like Air Force One.

And look at where I highlighted. That “metal” strip.

It also appears on Air Force One.

Also explains why you can’t really see any winglets.

3 Likes

Thank you. Actually that is quite believable. Air Force 1 does touch and go practice at Harrisburg International a lot. I don’t know why, I guess it’s in a perfect distance from Washington DC.

1 Like