Avatar Airlines Applies For Government Bailout (Denied)

Remember Avatar Airlines? The “new” airline based in the United States that plans to sell tickets for $19 and operate flights solely using Boeing 747s?

They’re back with more crazy stuff.

Two months ago, Avatar Airlines announced it signed a Letter of Intent for 30 Boeing 747-8s and that it was raising $300 million. Both of those never actually materialized.

If you didn’t know already, Avatar Airlines has no aircraft, no flights, nothing.

Now, on April 13, 2020 (12 days late for April Fools), Avatar Airlines applied with the US Department of Treasury for financial assistance.

Specifically, Avatar Airlines is seeking $15 million from the government in the form of grants or loans to pay their “25 highly competent, seasoned aviation and business professionals”.

Their reasoning for the bailout:

Avatar Airlines’ “official” Twitter page tweeted the link to the full application, confirming this is their request for government support:

Update 4/28/20:

The Department of Transportation actually responded.

It was denied of course, but they can reapply within a given period.

Full app: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=DOT-OST-2019-0164-0006

So, to sum it up, this non-operational airline is requesting a multi-million dollar bailout from the government in order to “maintain operations” as the airline continues to develop.

Crazy times.

35 Likes

I kinda figured this would happen

1 Like

What Avatar would be like if the government actually gave them money:

giphy

Seriously thought, they don’t even exist yet, therefore they aren’t losing any money. What???

28 Likes

If Avatar gets government money, then Snoman Airlines is applying for some too!

6 Likes

@snoman Snoman Airlines was bought by Bruhtish Airways

4 Likes

Listen fam, if I could do this get rich quick scheme. Prepare to see this in the air soon.

9 Likes

I’m going to request a grant to help me run and maintain my fleet of Death Stars. You can’t see them because they’re protected by an invisibility shield.

2 Likes

Airline with Death Stars? Heck yea!

4 Likes

Screw Death Stars, I’m buying 20 Iokaths with that kind of funny money. iokath was a planet with a superweapon capable of ending the entire galaxy, look it up it actually existed in canon

@Speedyyy

2 Likes

@Ishrion So we just not gonna mention the 747-8-400 in that pic
(look at the winglets)

5 Likes

Nah their “plan” is to launch with older 747-400s before taking delivery of 747-8s.

1 Like

I wonder why

1 Like

Apparently he thought of the idea whilst doing his maths homework.

1 Like

Entire aviation community when Avatar actually flies it’s first passenger

(Not saying they will, but I’m kinda rooting for them just to see the look on everyone’s face)

6 Likes

This story just gets crazier and crazier…

1 Like

If they decide to fly to brisbane then im happy

Would be something xD

ok…

wut

Anyway, this is certainly interesting and I hope they survive. I want to fly on the Queen before she leaves.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly- while this sounds insanely far-fetched it would be something if it happened xD

1 Like

Seriously, if Avatar gets a government bailout, I bet 100 new airlines are gonna pop up and ask for them. And Avatar doesn’t even operate yet!

2 Likes