Av Facts, Lets hear what you have got!

Only about 5% of the global population have ever been on an aeroplane :(

Douglas was actually going to make a propeller DC-8, but never materialized.

Already posted…

KLM is the oldest airline and will be 100 years old as of October 17th!

I’m clearly an idiot. Let me find something else.

The total electrical capacity of a 747-8 can power up to 480,000 32inch flat screen TVs.

Washington National Airport (KDCA) serves more people every year than Washington Dulles International Airport (KIAD)

In June 1995, the first B777 was flown by United.

In June 1998, the first B777-300 was delivered to Cathay Pacific.

One windshield on a B747-400 costs as much as a BMW.

The Cessna 172 is the most produced aircraft in the world.

The shortest flight in the world is from Westray to Papa Westray, Scotland, and has a flight time of 53 seconds.

Only partly true. While they are the oldest operating airline one of the several companies that form British Airways now was the first to make a commercial flight in August on 1919 between London, and Paris. For this reason British is celebrating there centennial on August 25th of this year. Arguably making them the oldest airline. But I’d say that’s a big enough technically to say KLM is equally valid since they are still in operation. As there own airline. (Well actually they’re part of a group too… 🤔)

The average American has a 1 in 11,000,000 chance of being killed in a plane crash and a 1 in 5,000 chance of being killed in a car crash.

The full story is that KLM is the oldest airline still operating under its original name. British Airways was BOAC, KLM has always been KLM. So technically both statements are true

One of the most deadly aviation accidents actually happened on the ground.

Well looks like I’m moving to New York

WestJet was going to be the launch customer for winglets on the 737-600, however they backed out due to “unforeseen circumstances” and boeing cancelled the program

Canada would be better!

Haha, planes>car

At least to us lol

The Boeing 747 is made up of over 5 million parts!

FEDEX is the only current operator of the md10F series
which is a dc10 with a md11 cockpit