Autopilot

Hello to all people:

Im new in IF and I have to say that I love it. It’s a great game. I have started fliying and I think taking off it’s easy and landing much more difficult. I want to practice in the normal one and then go to live. But I’m not able to understand the Flight Plan. I mean it seems easy the fisrt time because it tells you the HDG, but when put it in i dont see the plane that answers and it keeps going in the same direction. And also the ILS I dont how it works.
I wonder if you could help me in this and also give some advice that I should now as a starter. I have search for tutorials and I havent found any in this website or in the game.
Thanks for reading and help.

GEA

2 Likes

That’s weird, what’s your phone and operating system? I’d be glad to try to reproduce the problem if you explain to me the problem a bit more in depth. So what you’re saying is you change the HDG when it tells you to and it doesn’t work?

Yeah. And always the same direction for all points. I have an Iphone 6 normal.

Ok. Its with an a321 in San Francisco. I prepare the autopilot in land but for every point its 346HDG.
Iphone 6 normal with the latest update.

Check the “tutorial” part of the forum, there is a lot of useful information there!

3 Likes

Can you make a video? You can record using an external camera (like a phone) and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo or something like that and post the link here.

First of all, ensure that you have selected the HDG and it has a orange (or yellow?) box around it. Select it by simply tapping on the HDG button instead of sliding your finger to change it.

2 Likes

After creating a Flight Plan, put the “Bearing to Next” option in your Instrument Dock and follow it.

Here is the official tutorial: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejn9Agj4BUI

2 Likes

Make sure he HDG box is highlighted in orange, if not, tap on it and then change it.

1 Like

First of all, welcome to IF! If you find something on IF that you don’t know, there’s a 99.99% chance someone created a tutorial or an explanation of it. HDG is direction in degrees, SPD is speed, VS is how fast you assend.

1 Like

@gea what was the aircraft?

@gea… Welcome aboard Sir. Don’t get ahead of your self. Your odviously new to aviation so you need to catch up. Here’s some advise; Fly the Cessna 172 on the Free Flight Server first after you watch the in App video from a remote field… Learn how to fly the bugger without messing with the bells and whistles like autopilot, chart/map, flight plans etc. take it step by step. There are a raft of instructional Tutorials available here, use rHe Forum drop down and select “Tutorial”. Study them then apply them till you get it right. Then move up in aircraft type to the Playground by that time you’ll be able to Aviate, communicate and navigate. In the interim down load the “Pilots Handook of
Aeronautical Knowledge”. It’s free in PDF form from faa.gov. Good luck!

3 Likes

Best book ever.^^^

1 Like

A321 it works in other maps.

First of all thanks for the advice i aprecciate a lot. I have make the tutorial with the Cessna and i knew how to work it, byut it didnt work but now it works in another maps. The ILS I know how it works now thanks a perfect tutorial of aviatior and the one in you tube.
And second of all this,( with all the respect) do i really seem new in aviation. I mean i love this i know about planes i have try simulators, im spotter…
I dont know… Well thank all people that gave advice 🤗
Happy landing🛬

GEA

Did you have AutoLand on (APPR)?

No. The box was orange. But to all points it was the same direction. It only happened me in San Francisco. In other maps i do perfect flight plans so…

If the box was orange, then it was activated

When any function on IF is activated, the box has an orange outline

Yeah but to all points was the same direction and it didnt matter wherever ypu put it kept going in the same direction.