Autopilot update

Before you read on, I know, I know there are other topics on this and features of this but at this point It’s really getting to me. I have had 3 out of about 15 flights in the past 2 weeks end because of this issue. I have accidentally hit the A/P button or the altitude a/p button and have my plane fall out of the sky. This is extremely annoying and I think that a simple update could fix this.

So what I think they should do to this is make it so you have to tap the altitude/heading button twice. (there has also been issues with heading). Now there should also be a setting for people who want to turn this off. Also, this should not be applied to speed and V/S.

Overall, this would be a great easy update for the developers (I think 😬)

I mean, this in my opinion isn’t useful. Especially not with the new UI. It’s simple, really. You’re making the mistakes. 3/15 times. Practice more and make those odds 0/15. It’s not hard. Just don’t rush what you’re doing. When in doubt hand fly it in. Or out. And get everything settled.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion.

However, the section quoted above makes a feature such as you are suggesting extremely unintuitive and confusing. Can’t have it like that :)

The new interface have already proofed accidental disconnects a lot. There’s only so much one can do before it gets too much. Some responsibility is in your fingers as well ;)

5 Likes

Mate one major point of the update was to prevent that accidental disconnect from happening. The others have said the rest but just get used to the new UI, find a rhythm and you’ll be fine, it’s actually more impossible to disconnect the Autopilot now than it was before.

When in harsh conditions Turing off A/P fast is key, and this would just make it harder.