Autopilot Shut Off

Hello. So recent and for about a month. Mid flight my autopilot will randomly shut off. And usually I sleep through my flights. I was just in a flight from KATL to KDAL and it shut off. I got 5 violations in expert. There is literally nothing I can do about it. I am about to just start playing in casual. I have over 60 violations now. It’s getting really bad. It sends me all the back to grade 2.

3 Likes

Do you remember the aircraft you were in?

Were you in steep climb and descend or sharp turn angle?

I was at cruising alt. 32,000 ft in a 737-700. It’s happened in a bunch of airceaft. can’t remember

If your autopilot is shutting off then it’s likely that you aren’t cruising at the right speeds and altitudes according to your aircraft and weight.

1 Like

If it’s autopilot then it can’t make sharp turns. Although it could make a steep descent if manually set.

1 Like

It was heading streight all the way untill approach at KDAL

Does that mean you passed your destination? If so then autopilot will turn off automatically.

I was cruising at 0.80

How do you get any sleep flying from KATL to KDAL? How do you know that he autpoilot shuts off? Do you wake up to a crash screen?

No. I was barely out of KATL. About 1:30 untill approach to KDAL

If the NAV and Heading is off, and if it is sharp angle turn, it set A/P disengage.

Give me your Callsign that you use.

1 Like

Most of my flights I do sleep. However that flight I wanted to log while I was a wake. I don’t think you should have to monitor your flight the whole time. Once at cruising I estimate my time untill approach and set a timer

Umm. I was using SWA50

NAV was on. And it was at cruising in a straight heading.

Okay, hmm there nothing that I cant think anymore.

Send me a PM tomorrow and we will look into this further. If this was a widespread issue with the app our support threads would be flooded right now.

For the time being try doing the following:

• Make sure your FPL didn’t have waypoints too close to one another (spread them out to allow the aircraft time to intercept those points)

• Fly at appropriate speeds and altitudes based on the aircraft and weight

• Make sure that before you walk away your Vertical Speed is 0 once you’ve reached your cruise altitude.

• If your throttle is at 100% and you can’t maintain the desired speed then it’s likely you will stall so adjust the speed and alt accordingly

• Be careful when adjusting your trim. We’ve seen instances where pilots have accidentally tapped the AP and didn’t realize it. Always double check that your Autopilot is activated

3 Likes