Autopilot is broken

I’m currently on my way from HPN to LAX in the Breeze A220 and came in from Charleston. My autopilot is only set to 8 degrees (almost due north), and whenever I try to disconnect the AP and change it, it just goes back. but I’ve programmed the autopilot to go west… towards California.

Anyone know what’s happening, how I can fix it, or do I just have to manually input headings for the rest of the trip (that would be annoying, it’s a 6hr trip)

2 Likes

Maybe NAV1 is enabled instead of GPS. Meaning the aircraft will be heading to HPN’s ILS approach when you came in from CHS.

5 Likes

Be sure that your navigation is on GPS to use your VNAV and autopilot. If not it can be the reason that your auto pilot isn’t working.

3 Likes

Changed it and we are set now! Thanks.

2 Likes

Did just that, and happy to report it is working! Thanks

1 Like

No problem my friend. You learned something more from now! Good luck with your flight and next flights in your future of flying on infinite flight! And don’t forget! Be sure that your navigation is on GPS ;)

Always make sure its in GPS setting otherwise it will go haywire 😂😵

1 Like

You are also not the only person that this happend :). I had this before and i was realy suprised that I was flying some circles and go to a different direction.

1 Like

Yes happened to most of us! Esp if taking the 2nd flight after touchdown, without spawning out. Just remember to reset VNAV to GPS settings

1 Like

It’s probably the mistake I make the most. Tracked inbound with gps, then hit the appr button on final. Take off again (or a go around), and neglected the change to nav caused by selecting appr.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.