Autopilot Disengages

Why does my autopilot keep disengaging when I’m at a cruising altitude I leave for second and this happens i don’t get it ?

3 Likes

Does this happen with all aircraft that have Autopilot? Please advise us if you are flying on Live or Solo when this happens.

If in fact this is occurring in Solo after you pause then this is a known issue.

2 Likes

This has happend with the 787 and the 737 so far I stopped my climb and was cruising at 19000 ft I leave and just disengages for no reason

1 Like

Before I set my Autopilot I like to calibrate my device. Try that before you set A/P

1 Like

What V/S are you climbing at? Weight and speed?

3 Likes

Check your bank angle is it very steep? Is your nose down to far? What’s your weight? That’s the main thing that shuts it off usually

2 Likes

3000 vs speed but I had stopped climbing I usually fly a 47 % load

1 Like

Hi!

Make sure you are within the A/P limitations (In other words don’t be climbing at 6000FPM At 1000000 knots).

If you aren’t within these limitations then the A/P will disengage.

Cheers, Maks.

2 Likes

Sorry but that doesn’t make sense

3 Likes

The Autopilot has limitations, so you can’t be doing crazy ascent rates or descent rates as well as speed and bank. If you break the Limitations the Autopilot will disengage.

1 Like

@MaksimFerguson. MaxSez: I’m plagued by overspeed’s when the autopilot kicks out for no apparent reason when Cruising in Level Flight below 100 AGL and out of cockpit mode. The aircraft goes teats up, nose down and busts the 250kt limit. You note the IF AP has limitations. What are they or is your statement a supposition? Any body have a correct tech answer?

2 Likes

The autopilot will automatically disengage if the wight is to high, you are doing sharp turns/steep dives. It could disengage during really high turbulence.

1 Like

@crazygamerdl. Ok, intuitive response! What’s the Tech answer, State the IF program parameters pls.

If your weight is in the red it should disengage the autopilot, if the weight is in the yellow, you can’t enable approach autopilot. And i think it is somewhere around the 6000fpm and turning around 90 degrees. Not %100 sure about that though.

1 Like

This also happens when everything is normal and your device is pitched completely down from or up from where is was calibrated. Its happened before and I can only assume its portraying the same thing a airliner would do.

1 Like

All I know is the A/P has “Limitations”

1 Like

MaxSez: Your all right, Bottom Line the "IF AP is “Unreliable” . My addition problem is failure to connect to “IF Assistant” for the every flight and accurately input the correct parameters. The Assistant is the best thing since sliced bread! You should never leave home without one! John’s voice is my best in flight friend. What say you @epaga!

1 Like

Okay, there’s lots of misinformation here…

Not true

Yes, approach mode won’t activate above MLW. Correct.

Incorrect. It is when the aircraft slows towards stall speed and struggles to maintain gain the required pitch. This is often above 6000FPM.

Correct.

As several others have eluded, try to calibrate your device before engaging the autopilot. Fly the 787 at “Normal” (50%) weight, climbing at around 2000FPM with an airpseed of 280 up to th cruising altitude of 19,000ft you stated earlier.

Kind Regards,
NEO

1 Like

Definitely not 6000ftpm, I used it early in the C17 at 7000ftpm during a combat take off so I could get photos and video footage.

Sorry about that. From my experience flying on IF I though that is what would happen.