Automatic seatbelt

Hello! Who thinks that a auto seatbelt thing should be added to the passenger sector in IF! This is how to would work! If you open the page, there is a option, call “Auto Seatbelt” if you put that off, than you put it on/off manually? If it is on, on the ground and below 10k it is on, and during turbulence, and it would also turn on during decent! Who is with me? BTW in real life the b737 has this, so no need to comment any Hate about the realism

… or you can do it yourself?

I don’t believe there’s a need for it mate.

2 Likes

This can be good for long hauls, we’re you are not a your phone for hours, so the system can do it for you

2 Likes

Hi there!
This is a good idea however one i don’t think is needed in the sim especially when Devs are working on top of the line models, I don’t think this time would be put to good use when you can do this yourself…
Happy Flying :D
Cign
Note: Just my Opinion.

1 Like

Do aircraft have this function in real life? No? Probably shouldn’t have it here either then.

2 Likes

The 737 has an auto position in real life and I’m pretty sure it’s an auto/on

Please read the caption carefully. Particularly the last sentence.

1 Like

@Mags885 Auto thing is real

Correct guys, it does. However it only activates when you select flaps or gear - not turbulence.

@Ehsan_Khodaei the caption is incorrect. More research by everyone trying to argue this with me is required.

2 Likes

@FLIGHT2

You are incorrect in the way you explain its working.
It is connected to gears and flap extensions as @Mags885 said so it isn’t that useful as you would just hear a chime on top of your flaps descending / gear lowering.

It doesn’t add to the experience is what I am trying to say.

2 Likes

Ok, as far as I am aware, and I am just going to emphasis that. as far as I am aware, the “AUTO” position on the B738 only turns it on when the gear/glaps are extended. It won’t turn it on in turbulence or turn it off after departure. According to multiple sources, the seatbelt sign should come on at 15000ft on descent or 15 mins to landing, which ever is sooner. As for departure, typical.y, or in Europe anyway, it will come of at 10,000ft yes. But, it is at pilot discretion. It can not detect turbulence.
Now, I am not saying this is a bad idea. Because, yes, the switch does have “Auto” IRL. But, it should only turn the sign on at gear/flap extension. The reason it will leave it so late is because the pilot is supposed to take the switch from “AUTO” to “ON” at 15,000ft or 15 mins to landing as mentioned. It is there as a safety precaution in case the pilot forgets - which they shouldn’t because of flows, scans, and checklists.
So, yes, I think this is a good idea, but only to have the features I have already explained. I don’t think it should be utilised as a laziness feature to just do it for you, but as a safety feature. I think the developers have more important tasks than something that can be worked around. As I imagine this might be hard to implement. Also, remeber this is my opinion. Your opinion could differ and that is absolutely fine. It’s good to have different views.

Personally I don’t think this is necessary as you should always be at your device during climb or descent.

4 Likes

I actually think it’s not needed, you know!! It’s better if it’s manual. If it’s auto then you’ll lose the whole fun of it. Even in real life the sound that comes when they turn it on when the pilots finish they’re briefing to the passengers, feels really cool and amazing!! Infact I love it. This is just my personal opinion!!

1 Like

I like manual better :)

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t think you’ll get many votes on this, to be perfectly honest. But don’t forget to vote for you own request! @FLIGHT2

2 Likes