Automatic save every 60 seconds

Are you tired of crashing every time you fly? I can’t seem to complete ONE flight in global. Infact I haven’t completed one yet because it crashes so much. I got this Idea from P3D. If your game crashes, then you can spawn where you were in the last save before the game crashed. Let’s say I’m over the Atlantic and my game crashes 25 seconds after the last save. When I start the game up again, it will load me to where I was but when the last save was in this case, 25 seconds before it crashed. Also, the game will save every 60 seconds and delete the last save to free storage. It really is annoying when you’ve waited 11 hours for your flight to end and your game crashes… Please vote for this feature to be added in the game

I’m sure the devs have thought of this but didn’t add it. I don’t know why they would do that, so a dev could answer it better than I can.

If not, this is a great idea!

11 Likes

Despite being a good idea, it would be a nightmare for ATC. Having planes just randomly appear in their airspace definitely isn’t what I’d want…

11 Likes

So take for example you were flying with an active tower and crashed on short final… Loaded back up 5 minutes later and popped up on short final again. What do you expect the tower controller to do then?

3 Likes

Well, maybe under 5,000 feet it won’t let you. This Idea is for long haul like at 36,000

2 Likes

Very good point. I think as long as you’re not in an active airspace at a certain altitude then it would be a nice feature to have.

1 Like

@Pilot999 @Matt02 - The coding for that is probably a lot harder than you think.

1 Like

It’s just a suggestion. Plus we all thought global was near impossible for a phone simulator but look where we are now. FDS are fantastic at what they do, i’m sure they’re more than capable of doing this. It’s just whether it’s important enough to be done that is the question.

2 Likes

I can see this being a nice feature to add to flights that are above 10,000 feet, anything lower would mess with ATC for sure.

I definitely like the idea though, so you don’t waste your time being 3 hours across the Atlantic!

Would also be good to gain the XP also

1 Like

Once the servers are a little more stable this should not be an issue. It’s going to take the community a little while to understand that they might not be able to fly with maxed out settings or other applications running.

1 Like

I don’t run on maxed out settings. I fly on low and it still crashes

Well, after around 15 flights, my game haven’t crashed

Seems to be a great feature for the next update! Fortunately, I have never experienced crashes

1 Like

That’s probably because you use iOS, am I right?

Invest in an iPad Pro 2nd Gen and then I don’t think you will have this need anymore.

2 Likes

Yes! This would be excellent!

2 Likes

This would be useful! This should apply to Solo mode only because, well you know. My iPad Air lags sometimes, and it has a potential chance of crashing one day. This feature is useful :)

1 Like

Well then, it could be a reasonable idea to add XP to solo mode now

I don’t think so…

“Pro” should be an exclusive product available for purchase. Adding “Pro” features to Solo, such as XP, AI aircraft, will reduce the number of people buying “Pro” just because Solo will have everything “Pro” does.

Not a great idea from a business point of view!

2 Likes

This feature isn’t needed as IF stopped crashing for no reason.