Automated ATIS

I was thinking since the ATIS frequency’s can’t be used in the playground why can’t we automate them with METAR reports and active and non active runways. We could also do this for the Advanced server unless the controller wants to manually change it.

17 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

I like that idea as well.

2 Likes

4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying and it will get people accustomed to checking it

3 Likes

ATIS is very useful to me as a spotter and I know that it is critical and useful to a pilot so I hope that it is implemented when I purchase live!

3 Likes

I’m bringing this back up

1 Like

Oh yes!! I would love this

2 Likes

Do you guys know the form of ATIS on advanced? There’s a box and you type on it to make the ATIS. All ATIS are different varying from controllers. Some people in PG isn’t trusted maybe they will be like don’t be a douche, fcuk you etc. That’s why is not available.

Yes we realize how it’s set up in advanced that’s why it says automated. It’s not saying open ATIS frequency for the playground it’s saying automate it so you can get your METAR report and active runways. And also to train people to check it. @HV9690

Whose typing up the METAR? Is it only doing like KLAX 112153Z, some people don’t understand what that even means. @Brandon_Sandstrom

If it was automated it could translate and state @xxxxZ xxx degrees wind direction at xx kt gust xx kt visibility xx SM CLR air temp is xx dew point xx attitude xxxx runway xx is active runway xx is inactive @HV9690 it wouldn’t be able to give you all the terminal info but would still be helpful

1 Like

It’s a hard job. Wonder if this could be possible

Understand what you guys mean now

1 Like

I’m sure it’s possible they already have the METAR information and it generates active and non active runways I wouldn’t think it would be to difficult.

Guys let it be done in the first update @Brandon_Sandstrom great Idea★★

1 Like

A320’s coming out next update. Is kinda hard for it to happen

@HV9690 maybe global flight as well

Bringing this back up

2 Likes

3 Likes