Autoland Problem - A320

That’s all fine…but I think KASE is a challenge for it …with its quick drop and pop up mountains…and so far it has never successfully landed there

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

After you are lined up for approach. …how many miles out and at what alt do you kick in the autoland

Yes, Buddha…l have landed successfully everywhere else with the BBJ and everything else l have tried since l got the A320…l ain’t no novice…but it always overflies Aspen…

1 Like

Since l already submitted that l have used it successfully in the BBJ and the A320 almost everywhere else…l think l am familiar enough with it that l do not need to review the tutorial for one case in point…

I just did an auto-landing on RWY15 of Aspen, too. It’s my 4th landing with A320, 3rd with A320’s auto land, and the 1st with the plane type on that runway. Taking off just from KEGE, so I flew slowly. With 4kt wind velocity, the auto landing went very smoothly. I entered the red cone at about 150kt and hit approach. And throughout the whole final, I gradually dial the speed number from 150kt to about 135kt passing the threshold. And the landing went perfectly. Well, as far as I may tell, the auto land system is quite good, though.

1 Like

Thanks for your report…l never change the speed once l initially set it so l will try that technique next time l go there…

Listen to his flightcast you will probably figure It out

Please stay on topic, and no personal attacks on each other. Several comments above were deleted because they were perfect examples of pointless internet arguments.

5 Likes

I just landed the A320 with APPR in the solo and it was flawless.

iPad Air 2 on WiFi iOS 9.1

Landed at LAX Runway 25R

Weather optimal.

3 Likes