Autoland Problem - A320

Hello Everyone!

So happy about buying the A320, and great job FDS! Nothing to complain about, all perfect, besides one thing, the APPR mode is just having none of it. I have the BBJ, so I know how to work it, i was coming into land on my first time in the A320 at KNUC 24, and it was kind of sending me to the right a little, so in the end, I put it down to the wind (13kts of it) and just did a manual approach. Here I am again with a friend, both in the A320 going to land at KSWF, and APPR was just not loosing altitude, I ended up going around, then put APPR back on, again, sending me to the right, I just gave up on approach and did a manual one. In all, whats going on with the Approach on the A320, i’m confused about it, i’m 100% sure how to use it, I fly the BBJ loads, and it usually works, is it just the winds? (8kts here)

Cheers!

P.S - Good work FDS!

(Using iOS 9.0.2)

8 Likes

Please Mention device

iPad Mini and iPad 3

:)

Just follow it further and see what it does. It may be trying to line you up perfectly with the ILS or send you lower by zig zagging.

Thanks, just about to use APPR at KLFK, ill let you know if it is working :)

I have the same problem. Tell me what happens. Eager to know :D

I don’t use auto land

1 Like

auto land sometimes have problems for me on the BBJ, but its just sometimes not all the time

1 Like

I like manual landings it’s more fun than auto land.

Have you checked your airplane weight?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Looks like there’s problem, if we all keep flying and taking screen shot, we can get Full picture, keep trying the autoland guys.

1 Like

Out of three I tried, one went side of the runway on the heading. Even tho it was locked in ILS. I don’t know it needs more precise approach and can’t catch localiser more then certain degree off course. I Will be keep trying.

1 Like

Trouble is either it lock or it doesn’t. It was on G/S but not in Localiser. G/S more accurate then Localiser, right?

You can activate before reaching cone but it should capture it once it’s in the near vicinity. Pilots don’t have red cone in real world and I think it applies to IF aswell (I did make short turn but it shouldnt activate G/S and left LOC.)

I know what you saying about not activate b4 cone. I did activate maybe 1,2 mile short I was on level with G/S, so you can only activate within cone to work properly?