Autobrake

It this stage in Infinite flight. There is only one level of braking, which in my opinion varys from aircraft to aircraft, sometimes for the worst. It would be good if the game could implement different levels of braking force.

For example.
Brake setting 1 though to 4 or (full)
So it’s up to the pilot depending on the runway size to determine the amount of braking force applied. Rather than just using the single braking method we have now.

Perhaps even later down the track, implement an auto brake system which disengages at a low speed, (once the plane slows down below X)

EDIT
Also, if any physical weather implementations were incorporated, that would be a great excuse for AntiSkid (rain snow)

51 Likes

You can also brake by pulling down the rudder button.

25 Likes

This is needed considering how much it jerks if you just want to slight slow down

7 Likes

Joysticks work nicely with this. You can set to braking system on the joystick.

3 Likes

Yeah, this would be good for fighters because many fighters land on carriers over landing speed and they brake way faster (Unless they use something on the carrier to stop the fighter)

1 Like

I think they do. They have something on the runway to slow it down faster.
Edit: they have a tail hook and arrest hook to slow it down.

3 Likes

Aircraft landing on carriers have an arrestor hook which lets them slow down abruptly over its short runway.
Effectively used since 1918, when HMS Argus became the first carrier to launch and recover aircrafts.

2 Likes

This would be great! I hate using the brakes. I usually use 75% of reverse thrust, and once I get to 80 knots I use the brakes.

3 Likes

That’s the basis of the autobrake system, each notch is a set deceleration rate, so if you use reverse thrust the brakes are barely used at all. Once the reversers are stowed, brakes kick in. In most airplane videos taken from close to the wing can hear the sound of the brakes once the reversers are stowed quite clearly.

1 Like

Auto brake!
Definitely needed since the current “Parking Brakes” are insanely strong on landings.image
(Auto Brake switch on a 737NG)

23 Likes

Precisely. Thanks for that picture that’s a great demonstration about what I’m referring to.

1 Like

What do you mean?
Can you pull down the rudder slider?

Update:
I just tried it. Apparently you CAN drag down the rudder slider. I did not know that. Cool! :)
You can even vary braking force!

7 Likes

great idea

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No, @Sturmovik is right!
I just tried it. Apparently you CAN drag down the rudder slider. I did not know that. Cool! :)

2 Likes

I think using the rudder brakes at the same speed but it’s helpfully to control the braking while turning (such as pulling off a runway and braking a little at the same time)

I agree with @Laurens the brakes in IF are way to hard for landing and the plane can stop unrealistically fast, but we have to use them. I tend to hit them on and off to simulate a slower set of brakes

3 Likes

Dragging down the rudder has the same brake force doesn’t it? I think it’s just an easier method that hitting the brakes button, I’m not too sure

Rudder twick reminds me of Apple’s “scrabbing speed” when you scroll video or music.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t know this, I thought when you pulled it down it was the same force as the brakes button is no matter the distance

3 Likes