Autobrake Tutorial

Autobrakes are an automated aircraft system designed to reduce the braking distance in the event of an aborted takeoff and maintain a selected deceleration rate during landing, thus improving passenger comfort and reducing pilot workload. The autobrake system is always enabled during takeoffs and commonly used during landings.

PRO TIP 💡
Always plan the intended runway exit before selecting the necessary autobrake level. Busy airports often call for a low runway occupancy time which requires precise deceleration!

Click below to learn how to use autobrakes!

thumbnail

123 Likes

Love it great tutorial

10 Likes

Excellent tutorial!

Gonna be sure to follow that tip!

6 Likes

By the way, in the video I saw the word “Dev” in a box above “ground service”; I assume that’s for developers?

8 Likes

Exactly right! This has a few developer tools only in our version. We always want to ensure you know how to use new features when they’re released which often means creating tutorials late in the beta testing phase. Cheers!

26 Likes

Sorry for this off topic question but will you release the scenery editor?

3 Likes

Beautiful tutorial ! And nice choice of airport too !

3 Likes

Great Tyler I think this new feature in 22.2 is Amazing thanks!

8 Likes

There has been nothing announced in regards to the scenery editor released to the wider community. If this does occur, you’ll most likely find any updates regarding the situation posted to the #announcements or #blog category so keep an eye out on those categories.

Back on topic now we go…

5 Likes

It has zero bugs with it, tried with both High and Medium to see what i prefer. And have to say, its a great addon to the flight controls as you can now focus more on the landing and aborted takeoff without spamming the brake button haha

4 Likes

Is autobrake for all aircrafts, or just a select few ?

1 Like

You can enjoy this feature on equipped aircraft including all passenger jets, cargo airliners, and the Lockheed C-130. Thanks for watching!

14 Likes

The AutoBrake is very useful for our flight !

3 Likes

Great tutorial, thanks Tyler!

2 Likes

Works pretty flawless for me, great feature!

2 Likes

It might be a bit much for a mobile flight simulator, but I would like to see the stopping distance of all equipped aircraft with the low and medium setting, so that we can plan which taxiways we will use to vacate the runway and such. Someone should really do the research (not me, though- that sounds like way too much work lol).

2 Likes

This such a great addition 👏👏👏

1 Like

I finally wont overbrake and give everyone a whiplash, cheers!

1 Like

that’s actually a brilliant idea, nice

This is a fantastic feature I do enjoy this feature however one small suggestion would be to change the max setting to be something like max/RTO. Until watching that video I was unaware that was the RTO setting was available, this small label would make the tool more intuitive in my opinion.