Auto-Calibration when switching Auto-Pilot Off

Hey guys,

It would be cool if when the autopilot is turned off, the device calibrates automatically. It’s kind of annoying to pause the game and calibrate every time I switch of the autopilot.

I think there is a topic on this but it’s old and nobody voted for it so i’m doing another one!

Please vote i’m sure it’ll be a good idea.

Thanks.

Yeah it would be cool but you can just calibrate before turning Auto Pilot off :)

9 Likes

Well without going in the menu!
I would prefer it to be automatic.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I used up my votes, but this is a great idea…

3 Likes

It’s ok, at least you agree with the idea ;)

3 Likes

This would be great!

1 Like

This is very much needed in IF. I think I’m going to have to sacrifice a vote for this 😉

2 Likes

I disagree with this, sometimes I turn it off and pitch up/down right away, if it auto re-calibrates when I turn it off and need to pitch down/begin descending it would still stay level, then I have to go on the menu which would mean then I’m pitching up, calibrate it properly, then begin descending.

Calibration should only be done when the pilot wants it and I don’t see this as a good idea.

3 Likes

Do you try calibrating while still on autopilot?, hold your device steady then turn off A/P and then gently pitch down. Works for me

1 Like

That’s what I do… it doesn’t make sense to have it calibrate automatically when you turn AP off because if you’re not holding it in the position you wish then you’ll have to calibrate again. It defeats the purpose in my opinion.

1 Like

This is pretty good but to make it better you should have to double tap A/P real fast to auto caliberate otherwise it just turns off A/P without auto caliberating. Or they should make a caliberate button on the dashboard that is the best i think!

1 Like

It could be that too, good idea!

Voted! It is quite annoying when you turn autopilot off and your plane starts plummeting to the ground! 😂

3 Likes

I think the point is that it would save you having to go to the menu, you just disengage auto-pilot and it calibrates.

2 Likes

I like this one. Voted!

1 Like

I know that, my point was that if I need to recalibrate I should be doing it on my own wishes.

THIS is a no-brainer! How hard could it be to implement this?

1 Like

Wow, this is a good one. Got my vote!

1 Like

I’d prefer a button in the systems menu, rather then this idea.

2 Likes

this is very good post because i’m obligate, all time to calibrate and is very annoying

1 Like