Auto Approach

I don’t know if anyone else is having this issue but every time I’m on mark and then on Auto Approach the Aircraft lifts up about +100 feet and drops to keep the correct altitude, is there anyway around this?

1 Like

No, the reason why it does that is because it flies at the correct altitude the approach should be flown. Make sure to enter the cone at 3500 ft above ground level and then hit appr and that should help.

2 Likes

to line up with the correct altitude the approach as Chris said. you may notice if you are not lined up the aircraft can make slight turns to line up

1 Like

In addition to what the others have said, I’m going to recommend reading over the tutorial I have linked below. This was written about 3 years ago when this feature was first introduced. A few small things may have changed as our developers learned even more about making the APPR mode better.

Use this as a foundational guide to help you iron out any issue that you may be having. There’s also a lot of other documentation throughout the forum that will answer any other questions that you may have regarding the APPR mode.

If you have further issues with this, even after applying what you read in the above documentation, shoot me a private message and I’ll try to see what I can do to work with you to get it figured out.

2 Likes
closed #5