Auto Approach and Land

Hi there,

I am quite new to Infinite flight. I have watched other YouTubers play IF and I can see a button above the autopilot settings that says APPR. On my iPad, instead of saying this it says NAV. When I tried to press this button at the top it read “NAV mode disabled - no flight plan is set”. I have recently learned what this button does and how to file a flight plan and I am very happy with it, but for a little while now I have wanted to use auto approach/land and I can’t figure out how. If someone could please help me with this that would be great and very much apprecited.

Thanks,
captainspd257

2 Likes

Hi there,

You won’t find approach available on all aircraft. NAV will simply follow your flight plan (headings only and not altitudes).

5 Likes

There is a specific amount of planes with APPR mode.

Here is the list:

Some aircraft aren’t equipped with auto land. NAV is just helping with direction, you’re on your own when it comes to altitude.

Hi,

It depends on the plane you choose to fly. Some of them are equipped with APPR and some doesn’t.

What you’ve seen on YouTube was probably a flight with a plane capable of APPR.

1 Like

Here’s your list of planes with APPR

A318
A319
A320
A321
B777-200ER
B777-200F
B777-200LR
B777-300ER
B787-8
B787-9
B787-10
CRJ-700
CRJ-900
CRJ-1000?
DC-10
DC-10F
MD-11
MD-11F

3 Likes

The tbm needs it

What was it that you said?

He deleted the post, he probably didn’t think it was relevant, or necessary

When using APPR, you want to make sure that the ILS/ GPS is on the correct runway. The picture below shows where you click to select a runway for the ILS/ GPS

(P.S I used the a321 which has APPR, but the glitch on the IPod prevents us from seeing this.)

1 Like

here’s a tutorial and guidelines on how and when you’re able to use it

lol what did it say

There is no way to tell what he said

You can just click on the orange pencil to see what he deleted…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.