Austrian Airlines Brand Refresh & New Livery

“Austrian Airlines is making itself fit for the digital world and is further developing its branding. Small-scale adjustments are being carried out against the backdrop of the planned relaunch of the Website and the app at the turn of the year 2018/19 as well as the stronger Internet presence being planned. The aim is to meet the demands of the digital world and thus be more modern. “Digitalization is changing our lives. Our products, our brand and our company are also making themselves fit for the digital future. The realignment of our branding is another important step in this direction”, explains Andreas Otto, Member of the Management Board and CCO of Austrian Airlines”

The new livery, shown on the picture of the 777-200 on top, will be on all aircraft in the next seven years. The first aircraft, OE-LPE, will make a public appearance in Vienna in May.

Seen below is the change to the branding to the Austrian app, one noticeable change is the background color and the removal of the “My.”

What do you guys think?

Read the full press release here: https://www.austrianairlines.ag/Press/PressReleases/Press/2018/04/026.aspx?sc_lang=en&mode=

13 Likes

Looks like kuwait airways ripoff to me…

I like it, but I really wish they kept the blue. It looks really nice on the current livery:-(

1 Like

I said the same thing with the new Air Canada livery when it came out: about how terrible it looked - however it grew on me, and now I’m a big fan of it. In my honest opinion I think the Lufthansa Group is changing something that doesn’t need to be changed. I still dislike the new Lufthansa livery, and I’m not huge about this new Austrian livery either. Almost looks like the Swiss livery, but not as good.

Just my opinion :|

3 Likes

Litty livery.

One thing I would like to see is the change of font for the word ‘Austrian’, but other than that, it’s definitely one of my favourite livery refreshes this year.

It was needed, and the livery is very fresh, although why did they get rid of the blue? The pale looking red isn’t that nice. Although it symbolises the flag on the tail very nicely.

I really like it looks nice and clean, especially the tail of their livery is well done, I’d say the rebranding was really needed.

Hope they checked the red to make sure it won’t look black in difficult weather

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.