Austrian Airlines A319

Credits : Thomas Ernst

About The Aircraft

The Airbus A319 is a member of the Airbus A320 family. The A319 carries 124 to 156 passengers and has a maximum range of 3,700 nm(6,900 km; 4,300 mi).

The A319 is a shortened-fuselage variant of the Airbus A320 and entered service in April 1996 with Swissair, around two years after the stretched Airbus A321 and eight years after the original A320. The aircraft shares a common type rating with all other Airbus A320 family variants, allowing existing A320 family pilots to fly the aircraft without the need for further training.
Source: Wikipedia

All Austrian Airlines A319’s holds 2 CFM 56-5B6/B engines, along with 138 total seats, 102 being in a
Economy class, and 28 being in Business class.

Also, Austrian Airlines ( as a part of its post-COVID retirement plan ) has announced that it will retire all seven A319’s, along with three 767-300ER’s by the end of 2022.

About The Airline

Austrian Airlines, sometimes shortened to Austrian, is the flag carrier of Austria and a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group.

The airline was formed in 1957 by the merger of Air Austria and Austrian Airways but traces its history back to 1923 at the founding of Austrian Airways. Throughout much of the company’s existence, it was a state-owned entity. On 31 March 1958, the airline performed its scheduled service, flying a leased Vickers Viscount it subsequently purchased its own Viscount fleet. On 18 February 1963, Austrian ordered its first jet-powered airliner, the Sud Aviation Caravelle. It subsequently introduced various models and derivatives of the Douglas DC-9 jetliner; by the end of 1971, Austrian was an all-jet operator. During the 1980s, it introduced the DC-9-80, otherwise known as the McDonnell Douglas MD-80, to its fleet. Various airliners produced by Airbus, Boeing, Fokker, and other manufacturers were introduced across the 1980s and 1990s.
Source: Wikipedia

Final Words

Thank you!

Thank you for reading my request! If you would like to see this livery in IF or enjoyed the topic, be sure to Vote, Like, and Comment!
See you in the skies! 🤗🛫

Well there’s this request for that already, but I’m gonna go out in a limb and say that the mods would keep yours open instead of this request so I’ll go flag that for you 😂 Austrian A319

1 Like

Thank you very much ! 😂

1 Like

Voted, have seen this aircraft at LOWW some time ago. Also voted because it’s nicknamed “Bucharest” haha

1 Like

Thank you very much ! I’ve specially selected the ‘‘Bucharest’’ one 😂

1 Like

That’s a really nice request. We need more Austrian in game!

1 Like

This is an amazing livery! Will vote once I have one freel… 😅

1 Like