Australian and NZ Airlines | Rated The Safest For 2019

Are Australian and NZ Airlines The Safest?

Well according to Airlineratings.com they are! Airlineratings.com rated Qantas as the top airline, while Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand made the top 20.

Also Jetstar was in the top low-cost airlines in regards to safety.

Airlineratings.com takes into account 12 criteria that include audits from aviation governing bodies and lead associations, government audits, airlines’ crash and serious incident record, fleet age and profitability.

My thoughts - Well I agree! I have flown Qantas a few times and you always feel safe aboard their fleet of aircraft. No matter how old the aircraft actually are you always feel safe, and can never tell the age of the aircraft, without researching it.

What’s your thoughts on the ratings for the world’s safety airlines and do you agree?

14 Likes

I definitely agree with the results. AU and NZ airlines have been in the top 20 for years now so it’s no surprise in my opinion. :)

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s very impressive that they have been able to keep up the impressive record for so many years!

2 Likes

Not to discredit this, but I feel like especially when talking about big international airlines “saftest” is a relative thing, they’re all very safe… (with a few notable exceptions)

2 Likes

Yes, but just talking about the opinion of Airlineratings.com and sharing it with the community.

I would hope they are all safe…🤣

2 Likes

Qantas in my opinion has always been the safest airline. Qantas definitely deserved the number one spot.

2 Likes

I love Qantas, and how safe you feel on board. I know I live in Australia but I promise I’m not bias. 😂

3 Likes

Yes your right nearly all airlines are very safe, these airline just very very safe.

5 Likes

Yay!!! I’m sooo happy my country’s flag carrier airline got the no. 1 spot!!! I’m also happy that my nationality’s country’s flag carrier airline reached the top 20 (Air New Zealand)… I am also very happy for Jetstar (Qantas’ low-cost subsidiary) too! 🤗🇦🇺🇳🇿❤🛫

1 Like

Thank you for posting this topic, I’m not surprised about these results. Aussie airlines are definitely safe :)

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m with you on that as well! My countries flag carrier also! (Qantas) ✈

1 Like

They are. As KPIT mentioned above though, all major or all airlines are safe, apart from a few exceptions.

These are just the ones that have been rated the safest based on numerous factors!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.