Australia Fire Season slowly dying down crews return home

As the horrible fires finally start dying down Australia is now releasing resources from their contract.

First to head home is 10 Tanker Air Carrier. Tanker 911 will be the first of the three DC-10s to head home!

From NWS.
Today we farwell our DC-10 as it makes the journey back to their home base in the US. The Very Large Air Tanker (VLAT) undertook 221 missions and dropped more than 8 million litres of extinguishing agents since commencing in mid November 2019.

A massive thank you to the crews of 10 Tanker Air Carrier for their ongoing support this season, and safe travels back home.

36 Likes

This is good news but what about the rest of the fire will they not help to put it out?

1 Like

There are still resources locally to help fight fires, and with the rain it’s been helpful!

1 Like

Oh ok. Well thank god the fires are dying down

1 Like

This is great news.
Amazing job to the crew

This is just spectacular. It’s nice to see them go back home and relax :)

2 Likes

The California fire season will start soon. So they need to get the planes ready for that

4 Likes

No relaxing! Cali Fire season has began!

2 Likes

Finally 🙏🙌🏽

2 Likes

:(
Welp that sucks…

1 Like

Time to make money!

2 Likes

Been a crazy fire season here in Aus!

Gone from the fires --> tornado --> floods --> lightning storms.

Hectic!

Very grateful for all the firefighters and emergency services during these tough times!

2 Likes

as an Aussie, this outbreak of fires has really hit hard. Over 1 Billion animals perished, leaving many species in a critical state and destroying millions of hectares of farmland, national parks and towns. approximately 35 innocent people were killed with many more missing. this has been one of the worst seasons by far. my utmost respect goes to the firefighters from all across the world and our own who risked their lives to protect our beautiful land. Rest In Peace to those who perished, thank you to the firies and to those who were affected, i hope you will be able to overcome this awful situation. Also to the animals who died, i hope they can make a comeback and become stable and healthy once again.

4 Likes

This is great, thank you to all the firefighters who helped extinguish the fires.

3 Likes

Is sure has been a hectic Fire season for us down here, I’m absolutely devastated at the shear damage this has caused to the environment and communities of Australia and in return we have no tourists coming to Australia and visiting the places that need the attention most. I’m extremely happy that the world has come together to help us fight these devastating fires.

To everyone that’s helped with the fires, Thank you for everything you guys have done and putting your lives on the line to help others.

2 Likes

I was considering coming for Christmas break in 10 months (almost exactly). Would the beaches be good then? Will Australia be recovered?

3 Likes

It’s perfectly fine to come now, the local governments are supporting everyone to come and visit rural communities. Some businesses need the summer tourism to survive the less popular winter, and sadly with the fires, some local businesses will sadly be going bankrupt.

3 Likes

This is great news - I hope that Australia can recover from this - it is truly awful what has happened there these past few months…

1 Like

Australia is gonna get better and hopefully some of those small businesses can rebuild themselves and tourists will start to visit the more rural communities

2 Likes

Yes. And this will slow down fires for the next few years as regrowth takes over, (which it has!) just like 2018 Cali fire season was horrible, 2019 wasn’t to terrible for fires.

1 Like

Oh, so it wasn’t too much worse than the Cali fires?