August 2016 Update now available on iOS and Android

Fellow pilots, just in time for the week end, we just published our August 2016 update to the iOS App Store meaning that it should be available to you over the next few minutes/hours (give it time to propagate).

This update, which has been available for Android devices for a couple days, comes with a lot of new content as well as new features and the usual many bug fixes and optimizations:

• Added 787-8, 9 and 10 with Wingflex and 4K textures (for high end devices).
  • Added the 777-200LR
  • Added new Liveries to the A319 and Dash 8 and 777’s
  • Reworked the flight physics of all the 777’s, Citation X and added APPR mode
  • Added new messages to ATC (Holds, pushback options and more)
  • Many memory and performance optimizations
  • Rendering resolution setting doesn’t require restart and UI stays sharp even at low resolution.
  • Added overspeed warnings
  • Added Free Camera
  • All regions have been updated to latest airport data from the airport team.

With such a big update, we fully expect to see some issues that fell through the crack of our beta testing process. Make sure to report them on our forum with your device information, os version and a way to reproduce the issue reliably; any less and it makes it really hard for us to investigate those issues.

151 Likes

I’m downloading right now

6 Likes

Awesome! Great work as always!

2 Likes

Awesome, it’s like Christmas. I keep refreshing the App Store waiting for the update to post on iOS.

4 Likes

I feel soooooooooooo happy

2 Likes

3 AM here. So worth staying up for this 😀

5 Likes

Oh golly oh gollly Bulba is so happy I’m dying. Someone help me thou is dying. Thatnk goodness . Amen halalua thatnk apple Bulba is no typing english correctly. thjanks all you dev hommies for this.

8 Likes

😱 Very happy!

1 Like

I would like the post but ran out of likes ;(

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I don’t have my iPad with me to check, so, can someone please tell me if the buttons of the HUD are bigger?
Thanks!

And thanks again for this update FDS :)

1 Like

Waiting for it to appear on the app store. It will so be worth it.

3 Likes

This is exciting! Thanks for all your hard work, FDS, I can’t wait to download it! :)

2 Likes

It looks awesome nice high quality textures

2 Likes

Once I heard this I litterally jumped out of my computer chair and got my iPad 2. Don’t care I just need the up[date quick. still can’t speak English correctly now. Mustaches are always right.

5 Likes

I’m getting so excited right now. Thank you FDS

The…wait…is…killing…me
#Struggleisreal

I’m downloading right now Christmas early baby

BAM!

3 Likes