Audio/Video Real ATC. Rwy Incursion! Cool Calm Controller

Max Sez… Here’s a Lesson Controller’s. Remain Professional, Shite Happens!

4 Likes

Nice use of words.

2 Likes

So, if I got this right. It was the Cessna’s mistake, cuz they didn’t hold short?

1 Like

Yes, they’ve not been given clearance to cross.

2 Likes

And if you make a mistake as the ATC controler

1 Like

@Cargoluxgroupceo… Max Sez… Controller Mistake= loss of life, loss of livelihood, regrets and sleepless nights for the rest of your life.

4 Likes

This makes me want Swiss voices for ATC.

1 Like

And sometimes even loss of life for the ATC as you can see with the sad incident of Überlingen…

@Jasper… Max Sez… Not familure with the Incidant you noted. A recap pls.

Short recap, for more precise information please search on Google:
A Tupolev Tu-154M and a 757-200 freighter had a mid air collision on the 1. July 2002 by Überlingen. The ATC didn’t notice the planes were on Collison course until they were so close TCAS took action already. The traffic advisory for the 757 was “descend” and for the Tupolev “climb”. The same moment the controller noticed as well while telling the Tupolev to descend. The Russian pilots following Russian standards followed the ATC’s instructions while the 757 followed European standards - therefore the TCAS. The result was both planes descended and had a collision while the Tupolev was ripped in half and the 757 lost its rear. No survivors. 2 years later the ATC was stabbed by a father who lost both wife and kids in the incident.

1 Like

@Jasper… Remember the Incidant. Was unaware of the follow on. Tragic, aftermath. Am sure the Father is now at peace! Biblical Justice always prevails!
Regards, Max Sends

Did the pilot of the Aer Lingus made a quick turn to the right and then left and took off?

1 Like

@Sturmovik… Looked that way to me. Sure would like to see the Swiss Incidant report and Tower Video. Looked for the Incidant rpt at Aviation Safety, not on file/not in locator.