Audio Issue [#1308]

Your Callsign

United 1967

Was your account linked with IFC in-app at the time of the issue?

Yes

Version Information

20.02.00 (455)

Device Information

iPhone 8
IOS 14

Summary

When spawned in, (I was in the cruise portion of flight) the audio suddenly stopped working. I wasn’t hearing any engine sounds. What’s odd it that I can still hear ATC audio.

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • Spawn, take off in the 773ER
  • Climb to cruise, it happened at about 40 mins into the flight

Expected results

To be able to hear gear extension, flaps, and engine/apu sound

Actual results

The only audio is ATC commands/responses

Is this still happening?

I have had this issue both in Beta (20.02) and RTM (20.01) RTM may possibly have been due to a text/call coming through at the time. The first time I flew in Beta, all sounds cut out (both ATC and aircraft/environment) right after spawning in the 77W.

Callsign
E14-A3

Account linked with IFC In-app?
yes

Version Info
20.02 (455)

Device Info
iPhone 6s
IOS 13.5.1

Summary
When spawning in, all aircraft and ATC sounds cut out right after Calibration. I was able to hear sounds around me before Calibration, but not after.

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • Spawn in 77W
  • Calibrate

Expected Results
Be able to hear ATC and aircraft/ environmental sounds

Actual results
*No audio at all after calibration

Yes, it’s still happening. I’ve found that for me the audio turns off when I have IF Pax running + the Apple Music app.

Does it work with just Apple Music and Infinite Flight (or IF PAX and Infinite Flight)? Try two things at once instead of three

Yes, it’s happened with just IF Pax before, not sure about Apple Music, I’ll test that in a bit.

1 Like

Not able to reproduce
iPad Air 3rd generation 2019
iOS 14.0
Beta 20.02.00(462)

This might be a iOS related issue.
I had this in previous versions from time to time with Discord where IF sound gets muted and stays when one talks on discord. But it is random, can happen in mid session or at the beginning, and it sometimes even happens with a system sound or incoming call. Not always, I hadn’t found a stable reproduction. Some times it helps to switch to pause in IF and resume.
My impression is that it is less often lately, so I didn’t tracked it for a while now.

1 Like

I always fly with IF Assistant on for my short-hauls, and it’s never done this even when I have 3 things running (IF, IF Assistant, Spotify)

Your Callsign

KLM 777 Heavy

Yes

Version Information

20.2 (465)

Device Information

iPad Pro (3rd Generation) (12.9 inch)
iPadOs 14.2

Summary

Started using the 20.2 Open Beta at a busy airport in Europe and noticed immediately that environmental/aircraft noises took a long time to start (almost 30 secs after I switched to exterior view). Within the first few mins after I pushed back, all the app audio stopped working. Just to make sure this was not an aircraft specific issue i tried another aircraft (CRJ-200) and a different airport and the audio has still not come back. Also I listed this as “all app audio” because i also went ahead and tested if the issue persists in the menu system when I click on the different voices for ATC, and even that audio feedback doesn’t work.

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • Select Fly Online
  • Choose Boeing 777-300ER (KLM Orange Livery)
  • Pick an airport with other aircraft
  • After spawning in switch to exterior view
  • Start APU and listen for APU sound
  • Pushback and then Start Engines
  • All App sounds stopped working a couple minutes later

Expected results

Application audio works

Actual results

Application is silent

More Information

That’s odd. Does this happen after you restart the app and the device?

1 Like

Maybe double check if ur Device is unmuted or not connected to any kind of bluetooth around you.

Hi Cameron, thank you for your help!

I attempted to restart both the app and the device. In the process I even cleared the scenery cache for good measure but none of those solved the issue for me.

In the end what fixed the issue was uninstalling and then reinstalling the app and have had no more issues so far.

1 Like

@T2118AB Dw that was the first thing I checked at the beginning of all this haha :)

1 Like

Well I’m flying NZAA - YSSY in the 77W, I’m about an hour and a half in, I have IF Ops, IF Pax and the Music app running simultaneously, so far no audio issues! :)

I was able to reproduce this. Happened 1 night ago.

iPad 9.7 pro
Software: 14.0.1
Version:20.02
Callsign: Eva 10 Heavy (77F)

Yes

Summary:
At the start of descent, the audio suddenly stopped working. No aircraft sound heard. ATC communication between tower and aircraft heard crystal clear.

1 Like

Just happened again, same circumstances. I’ve found this is prone to happen when I accidentally
exit the app then enter the app again.