Auckland to Apia in 10 replay screenshots

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
NEW ZEALAND TO SAMOA

Welcome aboard Air New Zealand flight NZ1180, bound for the Samoan capital of Apia. Weโ€™re pushing 1,600 miles northeast of New Zealand today bound for the central South Pacific ocean and the archipelago that forms the Samoan Islands.

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ

Thank you to @Andres controlling all the traffic at time with arrow sharp, split second reactions and absolutely no delays at all - excellent job! An hour into the journey and you realise youโ€™re in the middle of nowhere - out over the expanse of the open ocean with no land to be seen from any angle. Just the sound of 2 Rolls Royce Trent 1000s and this Boeing 787-9 doing its thing at 41,000 feet.

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ

Pushing north, finally some islands hove into view and we pass directly over the beautiful Polynesian country of Tonga and on towards our destination with some nice scenery thrown in. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable flight!

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ

Departure: NZAA (Auckland Airport, Auckland, New Zealand).
Arrival: NSFA (Faleolo International Airport, Apia, Samoa).
Flight time: 3 hours 24 minutes.
Server: Expert.

Notes: As always, no hard editing was done to the photos, just some personal preference slight to the light and contrast and working with what is available โ€“ nothing fake added or taken away.

Good times

25 Likes

Itโ€™s great to have NZ airports open today, and your flight looks great! Those islands look beautiful. I donโ€™t have the time or patience for such long flights, but so far today Iโ€™ve managed two short hops in NZ with the Dash 8โ€ฆWhangarei to Auckland, and Nelson to Wellingtonโ€ฆ The ATC folks were really on the ball and gave me my GPS clearances for a couple of good arrivals!

2 Likes

Looks like a lovely flight! Might have to try it myself!

1 Like

Hereโ€™s the plan if you like (not including SIDS/ STARS etc). Thereโ€™s one rogue waypoint in there I think courtesy of FPLTOIF so just check it first and delete. I did 39000 step to 41000 to mimic the real deal. Up you you though :-)

NZAA EMRAG RAXIN 3501S/17614E SELKA MOMTA REPOL KETUP TBU GOBIL 1552S/17250W ISDOT TAFUA CD08 NSFA

1 Like

Thank you :)

1 Like

Damn those shots though ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you so much for tagging me, I appreciate it a lot and of course, nice shots!

Always trying to help and provide the best service at any airport in the world.

1 Like