Attention IF-NTSB: Need help, B737 crash on approach to WARR

B737 crashed upon approach to WARR.

Nose won’t pitch up despite turning A/P off to boost more speed above its current landing speed of 139kts. Just keeps dropping like a log. What happened?

Here’s the replay file:

Wing flexes like crazy and beautifully though as I tried to regain control of this doomed flight :)
Although I’m so mad because its a one hour flight from WIII to WARR and I consider myself “a good pilot” lol…
Y’all should’ve seen my face when doom was imminent.

Need help from IF-NTSB to determine cause, I’m all out of ideas and just couldn’t figure this one out.
Flight was fine yesterday.

2 Likes

I dont think there is an IF-NTSB Lol. Unlesssss thats how you refer to the mods as lol. But I think one of them can get in touch with you and resolve that

3 Likes

Without looking at your replay I can just say recalibrate and trim and make sure you have right degree of flaps and are fully configured

1 Like

No, no, no lol, the IF-NTSBs are you guys from the community. Everyone who answered here to help I shall address as officers!😊

1 Like

you should make an IF-NTSB VO 😂

2 Likes

@RotorGuy is on the case. He will be with you shortly

1 Like

And that is a badass expert answer… just remembered I played around with trim seconds before preparing for approach. I was at -5 I think? Thank you officer @Kevinsoto1502

2 Likes

Good marketing

2 Likes

Well just make sure to trim to clear the magenta line that appears on the trim value lol. Your welcome hope this helps. Also make sure your weight is BMLW

1 Like

Just reviewed the file, super weird instance. Typically no matter the speed the plane will pull up and gain alt if you try hard enough but it didn’t gain any altitude. I’ve got no real answer other than maybe a little glitch of sorts.

1 Like

Thanks, officer @BostonStrongWill, this nose-refuses-to-pitch-up phenomenon has happened several times with me on the runway prior to taking off, long before 20.1, resulting in several violations. I do believe it’s still pilot error (ehm…me) but just couldn’t put my finger on it.

I may suggest one thing, and that would be to maybe be a tad faster throughout your approach to final. Your final speed was good though, I would’ve said stall but 155-170 KTS is clearly within the 737s maneuverable range.

1 Like

Here’s my trim settings, guys… Do you believe this contributes to the incident?

Upon approach I realized I was using 777 trim configuration of -30 instead of settings for 737. So I corrected it on arrival STAR to get rid of the magenta lines… so far so good… moments later, plane drops too low like it’s a wingless brick.

What do you guys think… do these contribute to the crash? A landing procedure using a “Take-off” trim setting…gosh…

1 Like

Maybe if you trimmed up a bit more? If I were in a situation like that I’d use more than around 5%

1 Like

Thanks, will try to recreate this incident with 5% -> upwards on the 737.
Refusing to pitch up has been a staple diet of my flight every now and then.
Come to think of it might be because I got mixed up on which trim to apply to which plane.
Trim might be the cause!

I want the IFVARB to approve a VO called the IFNTSB

1 Like

Also check your settings under “controls” with your pitch, roll and everything else in there.

1 Like

Did you mean on the control settings? They’re at 25% on the lower bar to prevent sudden jolts, yaw is especially at 0% since I used yaw a lot IRL and don’t remember if a plane should yaw as fast and violently like in IF (or maybe that’s because I used my two feet’s coordination while in IF it’s a small slider moving fast with a flick of my finger).

I tried making an FAA VA, but that didn’t work out…

Jokes aside, was the flight very glitchy?

1 Like

Welcome aboard, officer @Alec! No, everything was fine. App was smooth and the weather was clear.

1 Like